A midsized hospital located on the Oregon shoreline, has a need for an experienced Healthcare Marketing & Communications Director to join their team. Candidates MUST have a MINIMUM of 3 years of HEALTHCARE Marketing experience to be considered.
The Marketing and Communication Director is responsible for the successful management and implementation of marketing activities and both internal/ external communication strategies. This role manages assigned projects, working collaboratively with other team members, and assists in the execution of marketing and communication plans to support the achievement of business goals and objectives. This role works directly with other functional teams to develop the necessary strategies and tactics supporting marketing and communication plans, and also manages community-specific events, provides content/resource support for marketing and communication initiatives, and tracks metrics for assigned programs.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as the marketing and communication point of contact for the Hospital programs and services. Responds to and evaluates requests in a timely manner
- Synthesizes insights from multiple stakeholders and audiences into initiatives that will drive overall success of assigned projects
- Develops and executes marketing and communication plans and adheres to deadlines and budget assignments
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with cross-functional departments and teams and effectively manages and coordinates the activity of multi-functional teams
- Works closely with marketing and communication team and functional partners on the development and creation of marketing and communication tactics in support of marketing strategy and plans. This includes partnering on creative design and messaging and managing materials development and distribution
- Supports the development of marketing and communication plans and manages assigned projects to support the successful execution of those plans. Ensures effective tracking and reporting of assigned components
- Facilitates the development of internal communication strategies and implements tactics in support of the plan
- Develops content and writes for internal and external communication, marketing collateral, blogs, newsletters and other tools and channels
- Coordinates completion of projects and ensures high quality of all deliverables. Manages the review process between stakeholder groups for marketing and communication deliverables
- Stays abreast of key marketing, communication, and consumer/audience trends, and works with research and media teams as necessary to gain better understanding of audience behavior and the market
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Good understanding of marketing and communication principles to include consumer marketing, research, public relations and internal and external communication.
- Exercises good judgment, demonstrates effective critical thinking skills
- Flexible, able to prioritize and address multiple responsibilities concurrently
- Works effectively under stress and frequently changing job requirements/situations
- Ability to work successfully with other members of the leadership team and medical staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills using appropriate levels of the English language to effectively communicate with target audiences
- Knowledge of print, radio, and television, digital media, and demonstrated success in media relations
- Understanding of basic graphic standards and design
- Project management skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet multiple deadline
- Maintains regular, consistent and punctual attendance at the assigned job location
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, community relations field, or related field
- Minimum five (7) years’ experience as a marketing and communication professional with proven success in managing the full marketing function
- 3 years healthcare experience REQUIRED
- Experience implementing communications programs for various internal and external target audiences
The city is located on the beautiful southern Oregon coast. The city offers an extraordinary quality of life, attracting many future residents and businesses to the area with an abundance of outdoor recreational activities, a world-class golf resort, educational opportunities and state of the art medical facilities. With the ocean just a few miles away, the Bay, and abundant coastal rivers and forests, you can enjoy great fishing and other great water activities.
Competitive Salary Range!
How to apply for the Marketing Director Job: contact firstname.lastname@example.org or
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text