Executive Director of Clinical Excellence
Location: New Mexico
- 345 bed acute care facility, not for profit
- Reports to VP of Quality Institute
- RN not required, but must have Master’s in health related field AND recent experience in large acute care setting in similar role such as; Director of Quality, Director of Performance Improvement
- 5 managers and 2 support staff report to this position including: Manager of Neuro quality, Quality manager of Women’s services, Quality manager cardiac services, Quality manager surgical services and Quality manager Kaseman (separate facility)
- Must be familiar with IHI model of improvement: PDSA and tests of change
- Candidate must be proactive in creating quality environment and standardizing processes throughout a complex system involving multiple facilities
- Under the direction of the Vice President, Quality Institute, drives progress of annual clinical priorities such as VTE prophylaxis program for physicians
- Continue to improve clinical excellence programs such as Stroke, Total Joint Replacement, Cardiac based on current evidence based practice.
- Provides clear direction for change and assists in change management.
- Ability to lead effective teams including collaborative engagement across multiple facilities
Ideal attributes include:
- Self-directed and able to practice autonomously
- Effective communication across multiple facilities and departments
- Clinical expertise to guide evidence based practice
- Proactive vs reactive leadership style
- Ability to standardize effective processes using Lean methodology
- Establish credibility with clinical leaders
- Recent tenure as Director of Clinical Quality for complex health care system (not seeking consultants, interim leaders or short term tenure)
- Ability to engage with community leaders and become committed to communities of NM
Texas & Utah Job Openings
DIRECTOR QUALITY, Medical Center, TX
92 bed acute care community hospital
DIRECTOR QUALITY Medical Center, UT
158 bed regional medical center
QUALITY/RISK MANAGER, UT
40 bed acute care community hospital – newly constructed campus Medical Center opened in 2015
DIRECTORS QUALITY, ETC
(All openings same requirements)
- Oversight of Quality, Patient Safety, Infection Prevention & Regulatory Compliance
- Working, hands-on director: 2 Infection Preventionists + 3 analysts and support staff.
- Develops annual QM work-plan and prepares quarterly and annual evaluation of QM program and plan and presents reports to QM Committee and Medical Executive Committee, Board of Directors, administrative team and health plans as required.
- Facilitates preparation for review by all regulatory agencies: *DNV, HCFA, AOA State Health Departments. Devise action plans, educate staff and execute plans.
Required Education & Experience:
- BS required RN license or Compact state license
- Masters & CPHQ preferred.
- Must have director or manager level experience 3+ years minimum in quality & patient safety in an acute care hospital.
- Must have experience with accreditation onsite inspections; corrective action plans; both drafting and implementing required
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text