Job Opening in a midsized hospital about an hour from Charlotte, NC for a Day shift Core Lab Manager to join their growing team.
- The Manager will be overseeing around 25-30 FTEs. The Lab does a volume of around 33,000 tests a month.
- The Lab is actually set up like an Immediate Response Lab. They are seeking someone who is ambitious and knows the Core Lab inside and out.
- They will consider someone who has been a Lab Supervisor or Assistant Lab Manager overseeing the Core Lab for this position.
- The Manager will spend at least 85% of their time doing management responsibilities. They will only work the bench as needed.
- Lab Manager plans, organizes, and coordinates all the activities within the technical operations of the Core Lab. Leads and develops team members in the execution of the lab’s responsibilities.
- Manages the Core Lab as an operational unit.
- Leads, supervises, administers, plans and supports the development and coordination of team member, process improvements, and support testing operations.
- Teaches and develops direct reports to perform roles.
- Attends daily huddles and weekly leader huddles.
- Supports the development of solutions for complex problems based on facts, observations, experience and judgment. Escalates problems as needed. Coaches and develops direct reports to lead problem solving activities.
- Ensures the quality of testing throughout the Core Lab. Ensures quality issues are investigated and countermeasures are implemented to prevent reoccurrence. Ensures abnormal conditions or quality issues are documented and reported.
- Ensures continuous effort to identify sources of waste and develops plans to eliminate sources of waste.
- Provides input on the development of a long-range strategic plan relative to services, programs, human resources, capital needs and other resource requirements.
- Provides input to annual operations plan with departmental goals, dashboards, key activities, time lines, and resource requirements. Ensures input is clearly defined and understood by all team members and stakeholders.
- Works with the Core lab leadership to develop and implement annual operating and capital budgets.
- Ensures that the Core Lab is adequately staffed and managed during off shifts. Coordinates with Human Resources on a continual basis on plans to meet future volume and service requirements.
- Recruits, interviews, and selects Group Leaders, Team Leaders, and other team members.
- Evaluates and counsels direct reports and team members relative to performance, conduct, attendance, and adherence to Core Lab policies and procedures.
- Develops a succession plan for each level of Core Lab team members and leadership.
- Ensures all requirements of applicable regulatory agencies (federal, state, local) are satisfied at all times.
- Supports the activities of the Core Lab Director and provide leadership coverage when the Director is not present.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology, or related field required.
- Master’s Degree in Health Administration, Business, Science or another related field is preferred.
- 3 years of relevant leadership experience required;
- Group Leader and Team Leader experience counts as leadership experience.
- Demonstrated track record of achieving results.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text