Job Opening for a Clinical Documentation Specialist located in New Mexico.
- 168 bed state of art acute care hospital this facility includes fully staffed 24-hour Trauma Leave III emergency care, a specialized Heart Center, Women’s Center and comprehensive intensive care services.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing.
- Associates Degree
- Must possess at least five (5) years of acute hospital nursing experience (e.g. medical/surgical unit, intensive care).
- Experience in Utilization Management/Case Management, Critical Care, patient outcomes/quality management and/or inpatient coding considered a plus.
- ICU/Critical Care experience strongly desired.
- Prior experience in clinical documentation improvement, ICD coding and MS-DRGs preferred.
- Prior experience educating physicians/providers preferred.
- Previous experience working in a clinical documentation improvement department or as a consultant strongly encouraged.
- Minimum of one (1) year auditing experience strongly encouraged.
- This individual must possess a comprehensive knowledge of medical terminology, disease processes and clinical competency.
- Candidate must possess excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, collaboration and relationship-building skills.
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to integrate knowledge is necessary.
- Prioritization and organizational skills required.
- Must exhibit the ability to educate members of the healthcare team about clinical documentation. Individual must demonstrate data quality and integrity skills.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong working knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software and reporting software. Also, experience working with encoder software, clinical documentation improvement software and the electronic medical record is preferred.
- English is required for both verbal and written communication.
- Ability to communicate effectively at a high level is required.
- Current professional nursing license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of New Mexico or compact license
- ACDIS (Association of Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists) certified – within one year of employment.
- RHIT, RHIA, CDIP, CCDS, CCS and ICD-10 certification or designation.
In a sunny college town located close to the Organ Mountains with easy access to all kinds of outdoor activities in SW New Mexico.
Competitive Salary Range!
How to apply for the Clinical Documentation Specialist Job: contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text