Job Opening in a 200 bed hospital located in WA near Olympia and the Pacific Ocean, for an experienced hospital Laboratory Director to join their team.
There are approximately 25 FTEs including a Lab Manager. They built a new Laboratory back in 2008. Candidates MUST be ASCP certified as a MT AND have recent HOSPITAL management experience.
- The Director is responsible for the operations of the clinical laboratory and management of point-of-care testing throughout the organization.
- The Director develops, maintains and enforces all policies and procedures, and is responsible for the accreditation and licensure of all clinical laboratory and point-of-care testing services.
- Baccalaureate degree in the physical sciences from an accredited college or university, preferably as a Medical Technologist or Clinical Laboratory Scientist, plus postgraduate education relating to business or health care administration.
- Certification as a Medical Technologist or Clinical Laboratory Scientist or higher from a nationally recognized certification agency.
- ASCP DLM or equivalent certification preferred.
- Qualified by CLIA-88 as a General Supervisor or higher; support the mission, vision and goals of this institution.
- Absolute integrity including a high regard for confidentiality and other human rights.
- Ability to provide positive leadership in a high-stress environment.
- Manage resources within budget, providing customer service level needed to meet or exceed department/hospital objectives;
- Good communication skills with internal and external customers; participates in intra- and inter-departmental efforts to improve institution performance;
- Assures the competency of all Laboratory personnel and OC testing personnel; works with the pathologist and medical staff to provide clinical laboratory information appropriate for the services provided;
- Continues professional education through professional journals, regulatory publications, official documents, seminars, and other resources relating to current department and institutional issues.
- Networks with other laboratory directors, industry contacts, accreditation consultants, and regulatory representatives;
- Actively participates in the hospital compliance program;
- Assists in supervision of billing practices;
- Exceptional time-management, organization and project planning skills;
- Meets or exceeds current hospital-defined Leadership Core Competences and Gold Standards of Performance.
The hospital is located on the beautiful Olympic Peninsula of Washington State, twenty miles from the Pacific Ocean. Close to numerous recreational and cultural activities, we enjoy a moderate marine climate with dry, warm summers and mild winters. Our location is ideal for rural living but within a short drive to Olympia, Seattle or Portland.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text