Job Opening in a 100+ bed hospital centrally located about an hour from Raleigh and Fayetteville, North Carolina, for an experienced ER Director to join their team. The ER has 22 beds, 5 Fast Track and 4 Safe Suite beds (behavioral health). They have an average of 35,000 visits a year in the ER. This is not a Trauma Center. The Director will oversee 55 FTEs as well as an ED Manager and Clinical Leaders/Charge Nurses. The RN ratio is 4:1, and they except new grad RN’s. They are looking for a very engaged ER Director. Someone who is very engaged with the staff, who can do their own scheduling, handle their own budget, etc. This is a full-time position. The selected candidate for this position will report to the VP Clinical Services / Chief Nursing Officer. Responsibilities include maintaining regulatory requirements, coordinating performance improvement activities, staffing, and serving as Emergency Physician liaison. Ability to promote, implement and meet the Medical Center’s mission, vision and values.
- Current state of NC Nurse Licensure, BSN required. MSN preferred or MBA.
- Minimum 5 years of nursing experience with evidence of leadership and program development.
- Leadership experience (coaching, mentoring, staff development, project management).
- Results oriented and engaged in collaborative goal setting.
- Displays sound judgment and critical thinking.
- Demonstrates time management skills, including prioritization, timely follow up and deadlines.
- Quality performance monitoring, labor management, scheduling, clinical / contract and new hire processes.
- Evidence of preparing and monitoring annual ED Budget.
- Computer knowledge of Meditech and Electronic Medical Records preferred.
- Sound Fiscal Management skills.
The city is within an hour of the Raleigh, Fayetteville, Goldsboro, Wilmington, and the beautiful North Carolina coast. If you are looking for a chance to get away and relax, come and stay with us at one of our historic inns or bed and breakfast. Here, you will find a friendly and welcoming community where neighbors come together to support one another. Historic homes and picturesque yards are sure to charm you when you visit our community. You can take a stroll along our tree-lined streets as you shop and dine in our beautiful downtown. In just a short drive from the city, you can reach the beautiful North Carolina beaches or award winning Eastern North Carolina wineries.
The Downtown area boasts a growing number and variety of shops, restaurants, and businesses which will eagerly serve you, no matter your interest. The city is also home to a robust and supportive business community, and the City offers business owners ample resources to build and maintain their business. Unlike life in a large city, you can’t remain alone for long here, and neither would you want to. Whether merely settling in for a night’s visit or settling down to make a home, you’ll feel the powerful bonds of community that have led this city to being named an “All-America City.” Take in a performance, view an art exhibit, learn about our heritage, or attend a street festival. Downtown hosts events that have grown in attendance and quality each year.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text