Job Opening in a large hospital located in Southern TN, about an hour from Chattanooga, for a Market HR Director to join their team. Candidates MUST have HOSPITAL HR Management experience to be considered.
The Human Resources Director (HRD) is a strategic partner to the Facility CEO and other leadership team members, responsible for defining, developing, and implementing human resources initiatives. The HRD is responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction for all areas of Human Resources, including: employee relations, talent acquisition and assessment, compensation management, performance management, training and leadership development, policy and procedures, and managing a team of HR professionals. The HRD reports directly to the hospital CEO while receiving formal direction from the Corporate offices.
As the Market HR Director, you will have another HR Director reporting to you as well as 2 Generalists from 2 locations, and a Recruiter.
Break down of the facilities:
- The smallest hospital, sits on University of the South and is treated as part of the larger hospital. It’s referred to as the 4th floor even though it sits 2700 feet above the main hospital and 12 miles away.
- Next is another small hospital that recently added a rehab unit for substance abuse. There is an HR Director at this hospital.
- Next is a midsized hospital. They have a new CEO. The CNO just left so they are looking for a replacement. The HRD was released prior to the Service Center rollout. The Generalist, who is new in this position, is doing a great job. The plan is to move her to an HR Manager role in 6-9 months.
- Finally, you have the largest of the hospitals. The hospital is the largest and most complicated in the Market. The COO has taken on the CEO role. They have a new CFO (new to the hospital but not as a CFO) as well as a fairly new CNO (again, not new to the job, just new to this hospital). The have a good “O” team that continues to find itself. The Directors work and play well together.
Combined, the hospitals have almost 400 beds total.
The CEO at the main hospital is a person of value and integrity. He is a big supporter of HR and is a strong manager, but not flashy.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 5 to 10 years of progressive HR management experience with a concentration on Employee Relations, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Training & Development, and Compensation Management in the healthcare industry.
- Experience overseeing multiple facilities preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of federal and state employment law, CMS, OSHA and TJC regulatory compliance.
- Previous experience overseeing the employee relations of a large number of employees in multi-site setting highly desirable.
Business Mathematical skills:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages and to draw and interpret graphs.
Advanced Computer Skills:
- Routine use of electronic mail and computer systems.
- Ability to incorporate complex and complicated functions into documents, spreadsheets, databases, and presentations to support business objectives.
- Frequently communicates complex information and interacts with management. Can present, resolve, and address delicate situations.
- Can motivate and persuade others.
Varied Business Problems:
- Problems are varied and complex, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation.
- Problems are solved using knowledge and skills, general precedent and practices.
- Decisions impact the management and operations within a department.
- May contribute to business and operational decisions that affect the department.
Functional Independent Judgment:
- Provides and sets goals and priorities for functional area.
- May make recommendations for department policies, practices, and programs.
- Makes decisions for and/or resolves problems for others.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously including task delegation, project over-sight, and resource allocation.
- Master’s Degree.
- Supervisory experience overseeing various HR support roles.
About the area:
We are centrally nestled between Nashville (1.5 hr N), Chattanooga (1 hr E), and Huntsville, AL (1 hr S). We are 3hrs West of the Smoky Mountains and 3 hrs NW of Atlanta. We have mountains and lakes right in our back yard. Whether you’re soaking up some rays, reeling in a trophy bass or shopping for a great bargain, you’ll discover more by the lakeshore in southern TN. A stone’s throw away from Nashville, Chattanooga, and Huntsville, the city is the perfect destination to lose the world and find yourself. From outdoor recreation to shopping, dining and more, you’ll find fun with a southern accent in southern TN.
Competitive Salary Range!
How to apply for the Market HR Director Job: contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text