Job Opening in a large health system in the Raleigh/Durham, North Carolina area, for RN Director of Occupational Health (Employee Health) to join their team. Candidates MUST be a RN and must have their BSN and a Master’s Degree. Candidates must have healthcare Occupational Health experience. The Director will oversee 10-15 FTEs. The position reports to the Exec Director, HR Operations.
The Director of Occupational Health is responsible for the developing, managing and directing the Occupational Health and Safety Services(OHSS) program for the health system to include but not limited to:
- Develop and implement occupational health programs to meet legal requirements and decrease risk associated with health and safety programs;
- Identify work-related injury and illness trends, prioritizes and initiates interventions at all levels of the organization;
- Develops and implements policy, procedures and quality assessment systems to monitor and improve the quality of OHSS and activities;
- Manages the workers’ compensation third party administrator (TPA), represent the organization at the NCIC and negotiations for claim closure or settlement, and supervises medical case management, ensures that employees have timely access to occupational injury/illness assessment and treatment to include the return to work program
- Participates on and gives regular reports to the Infection Prevention & Control, Environment of Care, and other committees as assigned;
- Develops and manages the annual budget for OHSS;
- Hires, manages, and develops the OHSS staff;
- Provides consultation to administrators, department management and employees and coordinates interventions regarding OHSS issues;
- Manages contracts, develops services agreements and coordinates activities for Workers’ Compensation TPA, ergonomic assessments and physical demands testing;
- Conducts communication, education, training to all levels of the organization regarding OHSS programs and activities;
- Ensures that the occupational programs meet OSHA, Title 22, The Joint Commission, Nurse Practice Act and the NC Workers’ Compensation statutes, as well as other applicable state and federal laws;
- Participates in professional development activities and maintain professional affiliations;
- Develops and implements occupational health/exposure programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree Nursing Required –
- And Master’s Degree Required –
- One of these degrees must be in Nursing
- 3 Years Nursing – Occupational Health Required
- Registered Nurse Required
When you’re looking for the excitement and attractions of a great city, combined with the affordability, approachability and appeal of a classic Southern town, look no further than Greater Raleigh. Best known for its world-class museums, best of Broadway shows and live concerts, Capital area historic sites, professional and amateur sporting events and shopping mecca status with nine major retail areas, Greater Raleigh truly offers a variety of entertainment all in one park-like, scenic setting. To top it all off, you are within 2.5 hours from the beach!
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text