Job Opening for a Chief Patient Experience Officer located in West Texas.
- Competitive salary and relocation assistance
- 400 bed acute care facility
- The Chief Patient Experience Officer is responsible for developing, leading, monitoring, and modifying the overall organizational approach improving the patient experience for our patients, engaging our providers and staff, and promoting a culture of excellence and engagement within the Medical Center Health System.
- In coordination with the President Chief Executive Officer, this leader will lead teams to design, develop, and oversee the implementation of organizational strategic initiatives for organizational experience, satisfaction and alignment of all service data to review, enhance, and direct service initiatives as well as build and entrench a robust service culture.
- The Chief Patient Experience Officer is responsible for transforming the experience and customer service for the organization and will facilitate creation of programs and services that address every aspect of the organizational experience.
- The Chief Patient Experience Officer is responsible for coordinating organization-wide Quality and Patient Safety programs including leadership in planning, training, directing, monitoring, and evaluating Quality and Patient safety initiatives.
- The Chief Patient Experience Officer provides high level oversight of Infection Prevention & Control and the accreditation process and state and federal licensure compliance.
- The Chief Patient Experience Officer provides oversight for Performance Improvement, Service Excellence, Infection Prevention & Control, Risk Management, and Project Management.
- As a member of the executive team the Chief Patient Experience Officer responsibilities will help support and achieve the strategic imperatives of the organization.
- President Chief Executive Officer
- Managers, Leads and or Directors of assigned departments; Divisional Decision Support Analyst.
- Has frequent contacts with the President CEO, Senior Management Staff, Hospital Board of Directors, Department Directors, members of the Medical Staff, patients, representatives of the news media and the general public.
Responsibilities and Authorities:
- Performs other duties as assigned by the leadership.
- As patient care and/or Hospital need dictates, both the assigned duties and work responsibilities may be changed by the CEO.
- Participates in and promotes the “I CARE” service philosophy of Integrity, Customer Centered, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.
- Performs essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
Facilitates the goal of the Medical Center Health System to develop and provide comprehensive, quality patient care and services.
- Initiates and maintains effective relationships with professional, governmental and community organizations, representing concerns and goals of the Medical Center Health System as appropriate.
- As the Chief Patient Experience Officer, collaborates with unit staff, departmental leadership and Risk Management to: promote a safety-supportive culture and consistent application of evidence-based medicine and foster a clinical environment of service excellence.
- Maintains optimal skills through professional growth and development.
- Creates, implements, evaluates and ensures organizational adoption for the service excellence program.
- Assumes a leadership role in preparation for Joint Commission.
- Leads system initiatives to create a culture of spirit and pride for associates.
Analyzes, develops, leads, and entrenches a cultural transformation at the Medical
- Center that results in a new level of organizational experience.
- Motivates, inspires, and engages those in leadership and front-line roles to continually strive for world-class organizational system wide experience.
- Documents and communicates throughout the system the shared vision for service excellence and experience improvements.
- Achieves quality results through team/committee interaction and effective cross-group/functional collaboration. Documents and communicates status, issues, and risks to stakeholders and senior management for service initiatives and cultural transformation. Collaborates with leadership to align service initiatives and measurements.
- Researches customer service needs, expectations, and concerns while incorporating expertise from within the outside of healthcare.
- Utilizes and analyzes customer satisfaction products to track and monitor patient satisfaction and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Develops and/or selects customer service/service excellence education, training, and reinforcement programs for associates, volunteers, and physicians. Works in conjunction with Human Resources and operational areas to build into selection, training, and evaluation materials.
- Works with Human Resources to continually develop staff through competency assessments, in-services, continuing education and performance appraisal process.
- Plans and submits an annual budget for areas of responsibility. Develops annual operating and capital budgets, monitors and analyzes ongoing performance and productivity, and implements necessary corrective plans.
- Provides reports as necessary to Governing Board, President Chief Executive Officer, and clinical leaders.
- Reviews and monitors productivity in areas of responsibility.
Performance Factors Used to Evaluate Employee:
- Management of assigned departments. (planning, organizing, directing, and controlling).
- Recommends improvements and innovations for organizational system wide transformation through appropriate committees, meetings and direct interaction with key stakeholders.
- Meets frequently with leadership and staff to communicate overall hospital plan for the organizational system wide experience initiatives, policy changes and other pertinent information.
- Assures that areas of responsibility meet or exceed established budgetary performance guidelines.
- Maintains good rapport with key members of the Medical Staff, Executive Staff, Hospital Board and other key stakeholders.
- Assures that key projects and other assignments are accomplished within assigned time frames.
- Actively participates in the Medical Center’s strategic planning process. Assures that assigned strategic objectives are accomplished in an acceptable time frame.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or Health Administration required.
- Three years of current, directly related experience and minimum of five (5) years of leadership or supervisory experience in management in an acute care setting.
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality preferred
- Certified Professional in Patient Safety preferred
- Lean Six Sigma training and knowledge preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of initiating, driving and sustain improved patient/customer satisfaction.
- Ability to organize, motivate, and effectively coordinate activities through influence in operating areas not under direct supervision.
- Able to demonstrate a proven track record as an organizational change agent, good rapport with stakeholders and excellent customer service orientations skills to deal effectively with internal and external customers and community groups.
- Knowledgeable in principles of management and human resource administration.
2019 marks the 70th year that this Medical Center has proudly served Ector County and the surrounding 17 counties of the Permian Basin. We’ve come a long way since we opened our doors in 1949, growing from a small county hospital into a prosperous 402-bed regional medical center serving over 100,000 patients annually. While we’ve seen many changes over the years, some things have remained unchanged. We are still the only full-service hospital in the region, and we still strive to deliver the best care possible for the people of the Permian Basin.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text