Job Opening for a Director of Pharmacy located in Texas at a 50+ beds hospital.
Experience: 5 years in ER with Supervisory exp.
Education: BS or Pharm D – Texas license required
Benefits: Comprehensive Package
Sign on bonus: yes
- Working Director – only full time pharmacist in the department.
- 3 FTES
- Must have recent Acute Care experience
- Responsible for the overall operation of the pharmacy department. The position requires extensive contact with the administrator, medical staff, nursing service, hospital staff, and nonhospital personnel (vendors, auditors).
- Provides a positive and professional representation of the organization.
- Promotes culture of safety for patients and employees through proper identification, reporting, documentation, and prevention.
- Maintains hospital standards for a clean and quiet patient environment to maintain a positive patient care experience.
- Maintains competency and knowledge of current standards of practice, trends, and developments in related scope of job role or practice.
- Adheres to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Participates in ongoing quality improvement activities.
- Maintains compliance with organization’s policies, as well as established practices, protocols, and procedures of the position, department, and applicable professional standards.
- Complies with organizational and regulatory policies for handling confidential patient information.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service through his/her attitude and actions, consistent with the standards contained in the Vision, Mission, and Values of the organization.
- Adheres to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and TJC standards and/or standards from other accrediting bodies.
- Graduate of an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy with a Bachelor of Science degree in Pharmacy or higher.
- At least five years of experience in a hospital setting with management and supervisory responsibility preferred.
- Minimum five years of post-graduate staff experience.
- Must be organized and able to develop a planning approach of program implementation.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text