Job Opening for an Infection Preventionist in a 100+bed acute care hospital located in North Carolina.
Experience: 3-5 years exp.
Education: BSN required; Master’s preferred
Benefits: Comprehensive Package
Reports to CNO – North Carolina RN License
- Coordinates comprehensive organization wide infection prevention and control program in accordance with current requirements of regulatory, government, and accrediting/licensing agencies.
- Duties include:
surveillance for health care associated infections (HAIs); collection, analysis, and interpretation of surveillance data; outbreak investigation; and program evaluation.
- Responsible for the day to day administration and
development of the infection prevention and control program.
- The Infection Preventionist works collaboratively with hospital staff and medical staff to ensure on-going compliance within the hospital for all
patient (newborns through geriatrics).
- Performs job duties in a manner that supports the Core Values:
- Delivering Quality Patient Care
- Supporting Physicians
- Creating an Excellent Workplace for Employees
- Providing Community value, and
- Ensuring Fiscal Responsibility
- Meets performance standards
- Meets attendance requirements of absenteeism and lateness
- Attends mandatory in-services and completes course in Life Talent Center as scheduled and assigned
- Adheres to hospital policies supporting patient rights
- Participates in the development and attainment of departmental and/or RRHS goals
- Reports any suspected violations of Corporate Compliance to immediate supervisor, Corporate Compliance
Officer, or the Compliance Line
- Adheres to RRHS policies and procedures regarding privacy and security of health information
- Uses appropriate resources throughout the organization consistently to meet customer needs
- Fosters relationships with staff in other work areas to meet internal and external customer needs
- Maintains positive working relationships with peers, management, and customers at all times
- Attends committee and other meetings as directed by CNO
- Prepares, presents, and submits reports as required by CNO.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text