Job Opening in a midsized health system with a couple of locations, located in Central South Carolina, for an experienced Sr Physical Therapist to join their team.
- Confirms and interprets physician referrals for Physical Therapy Services and consults physician as needed for clarification or recommended change.
- Administers and documents evaluation and treatment plan appropriate to patient condition and diagnosis with regular reassessments during the course of treatment. Works closely with physical therapy assistants to assure the established plan of care is followed.
- Documents daily progress notes and discharge summaries and administers treatment according to policy.
- Performs patient treatment of assigned caseload per treatment plan; utilizing clinical judgment and procedures within the scope of Physical Therapy practice.
- Re-evaluates and adjusts treatment plans and goals on an ongoing basis for each patient.
- Assumes responsibility of other staff members in their absence and assists them when caseload allows.
- Instructs patients and caregivers regarding safety issues, Home Exercise Programs, etc. as indicated.
- Supervises and assists with job training and clinical education, daily work activities of physical therapy assistants, rehab aides, physical therapy students and physical therapy assistant students.
- Works closely with physical therapy assistants to ensure quality care to assigned patients.
- Completes 8th visit follow up treatment with appropriate patients.
- Graduate of an APTA accredited school of Physical Therapy.
- At least 3-5 years of experience as a Physical Therapist
- South Carolina license, Physical Therapists
- Responsible for maintaining continued education requirements for licensure as required by state law.
- Current South Carolina Physical Therapy license.
- BLS required.
The city is located in the middle of the state and is comprised of a diverse variety of neighborhoods, heritages, and historical districts. The city is known for the three rivers that converge in the city. There are multiple colleges and universities in the city. Centrally located in the state, the town also offers residents and visitors a number of day trip activities from beach excursions to the mountain retreats. Many residents enjoy hiking, kayaking, swimming, running and bike riding in these areas.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text