Job Opening in a 100 bed hospital located in North Central KY, just over an hour south of Cincinnati, OH, has a need for a HR Manager to join their team. The HR Manager will be overseeing 2 hospitals, one is approximately 100 beds and the other is approximately 50 beds. There is 1 direct report but overall there are 450 employees in one hospital and 116 employees at the other hospital. The CEO, CFO and CNO are absolutely wonderful to work with and the Managers are pretty self-sufficient.
- Your role will concentrate on Employee Relations, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Training and Development and Compensation Management preferably in the healthcare industry.
- Benefits and other transactional work are taken care of offsite.
- They strongly prefer Healthcare HR experience.
The Human Resources Operational Partner (HROP) serves as a strategic leader, with HR expertise, to the CEO and hospital leadership team. This role is responsible for providing HR leadership and executing the HR strategy at the local level. This role assures that fundamental HR initiatives are in place and they support the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization.
- The HROP provides strategic leadership by providing sound guidance and operationally sound HR direction.
- This role will serve as the broader HR liaison regarding HR policies and procedures.
- He/she operates independently to ensure objectivity and fairness for employees while supporting the Mission, Vision and Core Values of the company.
- The HROP will report directly to the Regional HR Business Partner and has a dotted line to the CEO at the local hospital.
- This role will support and monitor implementation of company initiatives, policies and procedures, and to drive compliance and consistency across the hospital system.
- Carry Out HR plans and strategies to support the overall Company business objectives.
- Function as a strategic business advisor to the executive/senior management of the hospital, regarding key organizational and management issues.
- Working with the hospitals executive team, establish a sound plan of management succession that corresponds to the strategy and objectives of the hospital.
- Oversees the hospital Employee Relations function and assures all actions, legal and ethical practices and decisions are carried out fairly and objectively.
- Develops comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans for the hospital–to meet the human capital needs and strategic goals.
- Oversees local workers compensation, return to work and ADAAA guidance processes for the local facility.
- Assures appropriate compliance with worker safety and leave management protocols are followed.
- Implement and manage local compensation program to include using benchmarking tools and implementing plans that are competitive and cost effective.
- Provide overall leadership and guidance to HR functions by overseeing talent acquisition, career development, succession planning, retention, training leadership, employee relations, regulatory compliance, development and compensation.
- Works to create consistency of practice in the local hospital for all HR policies and ensures they are in compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Enforces and oversees the HR compliance and readiness with the Joint Commission and SOX audits.
- This role is responsible for the overall regulatory compliance of the HR service line.
- Oversees talent development and succession planning initiatives for the local facility leaders and ultimately coordinates talent growth across facilities; in cases where local talent has capacity and desire to grow within the company.
- Some travel may be required
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree required
- Certifications: PHR, SPHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred
Extensive knowledge of federal and state employment law, CMS, OSHA and TJC regulatory compliance
- Minimum Work Experience: 3-5 years of progressive HR leadership experience required — with a concentration on Employee Relations, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Training and Development and Compensation Management preferably in the healthcare industry.
The City boasts a picturesque downtown setting on the banks of the Ohio River as well as bustling shopping-business corridors along US 68 and the AA highways. Our community offers a wide range of business and employment opportunities as well as historic sites, education options, and recreation fun for the whole family from boating, fishing, and camping, picnics, golf and swimming This scenic town, nestled on the banks of the Ohio River in northeastern Kentucky, just one hour southeast of Cincinnati, Ohio, and an hour northeast of Lexington, Kentucky, overflows with opportunities for business, industry, living and visiting. Celebrating a vivid past while embracing the promise and advantages of the 21st Century, the city always has been and always will be naturally charming.
The city is the retail and employment hub of a seven county area — Mason, Bracken, Robertson, Fleming and Lewis counties in Kentucky as well as Brown and Adams counties in Ohio. With a convergence of rail, river, and highway accessibility, and a labor market approaching 200,000, it is an excellent location for business and industry. From historic row houses and charming bungalows to modern subdivisions, golf course estates, and nearby farm communities, housing is available in a wide range of styles and price ranges. Relatively low real estate taxes make home buying even more affordable.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text