Job Opening in a 400+ bed hospital for a Chief Nursing Officer located between Pittsburgh and Hershey, PA. Candidates absolutely MUST have FOR PROFIT Hospital experience to be considered.
The hospital is the most technologically sophisticated hospital between Pittsburgh and Hershey. Conemaugh Memorial holds the highest level of care designations for Neonatal Care (Level 3) and Trauma Care (Level 1). Advanced technology includes robotic-assisted surgery, state-of-the-art cardiac catheterization, electrophysiology, fetal echocardiography lab, Phillips Hybrid Operating Room, interventional radiology laboratories and diagnostic imaging.
- Has ultimate administrative responsibility for nursing standards and practice regardless of the practice area or reporting relationship of the nurse.
- Directs hospital nursing activities within context of hospital policies and procedures:
- Ensures continuous and timely nursing services to patients.
- Ensures nursing standards, practices, policies and procedures, in accordance with all applicable laws, regulatory and accreditation requirements are consistent with current research findings and national professional standards.
- Directs nursing service Performance Improvement activities.
- Actively participates in hospital leadership functions.
- Collaborates with hospital leaders to design and provide patient care and services, including availability of sufficient, qualified nursing staff.
- Develops, presents and manages budget for nursing services.
- Develops and implements overall nursing plan consistent with hospital policies and objectives, to provide continuous nursing care and services.
- Develops, implements and interprets nursing and patient care policies, objectives and standards for measurement and maintenance of quality nursing care.
- Develops, implements and administers nursing services budget and expense control system.
- Prepares master nursing services staffing plan.
- Organizes, directs and supervises daily nursing service to assure adequate hospital coverage and quality care.
- Recruits, interviews, evaluates and hires qualified personnel to meet patient’s needs.
- Participates in the development, implementation and maintenance of the hospital quality assurance and improvement program through evaluation of services rendered, quality improvement, audit of medical records, patient visits and counsel with hospital staff.
- Maintains communications with medical and administrative staff through participation in regularly scheduled staff meeting and involvement on hospital medical services committees.
- Evaluates long and short-range equipment and supply requirements for nursing care by forecasting service levels and quantity of materials on hand.
- Directs, plans and implements orientation and educational programs to promote staff training and development.
- Recommends and participates in development of new patient care programs for expansion of nursing care services.
- Represents hospital in health care programs and professional organizations of associates to serve in a public relations capacity and to stimulate professional growth.
- Master’s Degree Required (MSN or MHA).
- Minimum of 3-5 years of CNO experience in an investor-owned healthcare organization.
- Prior experience in Joint Commission preparation and survey process.
- MUST have FOR PROFIT HOSPITAL experience.
- Licensed Registered Nurse with knowledge of nursing principles, theories and practice standards with verbal interpersonal and quantitative skills acquired through completion of at least a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
Situated less than 70 miles from Pittsburgh and just three hours from the Washington, D.C. and Baltimore, this is a community that makes working, living and raising a family in west central Pennsylvania special. The town today is home to high-performing schools, safe and affordable neighborhoods, a rich historical heritage and a lively culture and arts scene, including their Symphony and their Concert Ballet. The town offer numerous educational pursuits. Recreation for all four seasons abounds, including hiking, biking and running trails; winter activities at some of the most acclaimed resorts on the east coast; heritage and craft festivals; and nearby attractions like Idlewild Park & SoakZone, the All-American Amateur Baseball Association Tournament, the hockey games and interactive museums that celebrate the area’s heritage.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text