Job Opening in a 150+ bed hospital for a Chief Nursing Officer located about an hour from Montgomery, AL. Candidates MUST have FOR PROFIT HOSPITAL experience to be considered.
The hospital is an acute care facility. This Joint Commission accredited hospital offers an extensive list of services including ICU, a newly expanded 24-hour Emergency Department, Radiology, 64-Slice CT Scanner and a state-of-the-art Eclipse 1.5 MRI station.
- Has ultimate administrative responsibility for nursing standards and practice regardless of the practice area or reporting relationship of the nurse.
- Directs hospital nursing activities within context of hospital policies and procedures:
- Ensures continuous and timely nursing services to patients.
- Ensures nursing standards, practices, policies and procedures, in accordance with all applicable laws, regulatory and accreditation requirements are consistent with current research findings and national professional standards.
- Directs nursing service Performance Improvement activities.
- Actively participates in hospital leadership functions.
- Collaborates with hospital leaders to design and provide patient care and services, including availability of sufficient, qualified nursing staff.
- Develops, presents and manages budget for nursing services.
- Develops and implements overall nursing plan consistent with hospital policies and objectives, to provide continuous nursing care and services.
- Develops, implements and interprets nursing and patient care policies, objectives and standards for measurement and maintenance of quality nursing care.
- Develops, implements and administers nursing services budget and expense control system.
- Prepares master nursing services staffing plan.
- Organizes, directs and supervises daily nursing service to assure adequate hospital coverage and quality care.
- Recruits, interviews, evaluates and hires qualified personnel to meet patient’s needs.
- Participates in the development, implementation and maintenance of the hospital quality assurance and improvement program through evaluation of services rendered, quality improvement, audit of medical records, patient visits and counsel with hospital staff.
- Maintains communications with medical and administrative staff through participation in regularly scheduled staff meeting and involvement on hospital medical services committees.
- Evaluates long and short-range equipment and supply requirements for nursing care by forecasting service levels and quantity of materials on hand.
- Directs, plans and implements orientation and educational programs to promote staff training and development.
- Recommends and participates in development of new patient care programs for expansion of nursing care services.
- Represents hospital in health care programs and professional organizations of associates to serve in a public relations capacity and to stimulate professional growth.
- Master’s Degree Required (MSN or MHA).
- Minimum of 3-5 years of CNO experience in an investor-owned healthcare organization. Prior experience in Joint Commission preparation and survey process.
- Must have for profit hospital experience as a CNO.
- Licensed Registered Nurse with knowledge of nursing principles, theories and practice standards with verbal interpersonal and quantitative skills acquired through completion of at least a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
The town is on a bluff above the rolling waters of the Alabama River. The town is rich in history and gracious in its manner. Just 45 minutes from Montgomery, the is home to the largest historic district in Alabama, with over 1,200 historic structures, palatial antebellum and Victorian homes and museums. The area is a dream come true for the outdoor enthusiast. The Alabama River provides unlimited fishing, boating and water sports fun. The area boasts 12 commercial hunting organizations, offering opportunities to hunt buck, quail and turkey. There are two public golf courses in the area, and five Robert Trent Jones golf courses within a two-hour drive. The city also sports lighted baseball and softball diamonds, 20 hard-surfaced tennis courts and organized leagues in baseball, football, soccer, softball and tennis.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text