Job Opening in a 50+ bed hospital located about an hour from Portland, Oregon, for a Chief Financial Officer. Candidates absolutely MUST have FOR PROFIT HOSPITAL EXPERIENCE to be considered. They will consider someone who is an experienced ACFO at a medium to large size for profit hospital who is seeking the next step in their career.
The hospital is a 50+ bed acute-care, full-service hospital, fully accredited by The Joint Commission and providing a full spectrum of inpatient and outpatient services for residents of the region. Nationally recognized for its quality of care, the hospital is one of only 117 hospitals in the U.S. to be named a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for five consecutive years by The Joint Commission.
- Administers the general accounting, patient business services, including third party reimbursement, financial, and statistical reporting functions of the hospital in accordance with established policies and accounting procedures.
- Provides formal or informal direction in data processing, distributed systems, material management and medical records functions.
- Trains subordinates on the above areas and monitors performance to ensure fiscal responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Assists the CEO in the development of long and short-range hospital operations plans that may include service demand analyses, resources availability analyses and cost benefit analyses of proposed capital and staff expansions.
- Develops long and short-range operational and capital budgets, which are supported by the hospitals long and short range plans and objectives.
- Prepares cash flow analyses and budget variance analysis.
- Recommends budget modifications as required. Assists managers in the development of departmental budgets.
- Monitors, interprets and analyzes hospital financial performance in realizing established plans and objectives of the hospital.
- Identifies and reports undesirable trends and potential business opportunities and makes recommendations for action.
- Directs the preparation of internal financial reports including work papers for annual financial audit.
- Assures the timely and accurate preparation of financial reports and assures that the reports reliably reflect the financial position of the hospital.
- Assumes a lead role in analyzing and exploring means of reducing hospital operating costs and increasing revenues based on knowledge of market trends, financial reports and operating procedures.
- Responsible for direction and submission on a timely basis all financial data associated reports required by government and other regulated agencies including payroll tax reports, public disclosure reports and third party payor cost reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance;
- Master’s Degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working at the CFO level in an acute-care hospital.
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive management experience in an investor-owned healthcare organization required.
- MUST have For Profit Hospital experience!
- CPA strongly preferred.
Must be a strong, hands-on and approachable leader who understands the value of being a team-player and have an outgoing and friendly personality.
Must understand how to motivate and inspire staff to achieve optimal results, while keeping employee satisfaction high.
Explore a region whose farm-to-fork food scene is paired with a legacy of wine — and plenty of ways to build up an appetite. Life’s simple pleasures can be found in a valley where farms, vineyards and forests reign supreme. Hit trails through old-growth trees to surging waterfalls and epic vistas, or pedal down a scenic backcountry road through covered bridges. These communities are tight-knit and talented, so take your time admiring their creativity and you might meet the makers too. Whether it’s the nostalgic feeling of walking below the majestic maple trees lining the historic downtown’s shopping district, or the satisfying sensation of drinking some of the world’s best Pinot Noir grown and fermented at a vineyard just down the road, you’re sure to experience the warmth and friendliness in this town.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text