Job Opening in a 150+ bed hospital located about 30 mins from Little Rock, AR, for a Chief Financial Officer to join their team. Candidates absolutely MUST have For Profit Hospital experience to be considered. The hospital is in a growing community with great schools.
The facility provides quality healthcare to the County – one of the fastest growing counties in the state – at its 150+-bed facility and physician practices. The hospital’s main campus encompasses approximately 400,000 square feet of inpatient and outpatient treatment areas. The Hospital has been the recipient of the Governor’s Quality Award for seven consecutive years and has received the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award for three consecutive years, placing the hospital in the top five percent in the nation for patient safety.
- Administers the general accounting, patient business services, including third party reimbursement, financial, and statistical reporting functions of the hospital in accordance with established policies and accounting procedures.
- Provides formal or informal direction in data processing, distributed systems, material management and medical records functions.
- Trains subordinates on the above areas and monitors performance to ensure fiscal responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Assists the CEO in the development of long and short-range hospital operations plans that may include service demand analyses, resources availability analyses and cost benefit analyses of proposed capital and staff expansions.
- Develops long and short-range operational and capital budgets, which are supported by the hospitals long and short range plans and objectives.
- Prepares cash flow analyses and budget variance analyses.
- Recommends budget modifications as required.
- Assists managers in the development of departmental budgets.
- Monitors, interprets and analyzes hospital financial performance in realizing established plans and objectives of the hospital.
- Identifies and reports undesirable trends and potential business opportunities and makes recommendations for action.
- Directs the preparation of internal financial reports including work papers for annual financial audit.
- Assures the timely and accurate preparation of financial reports and assures that the reports reliably reflect the financial position of the hospital.
- Assumes a lead role in analyzing and exploring means of reducing hospital operating costs and increasing revenues based on knowledge of market trends, financial reports and operating procedures.
- Responsible for direction and submission on a timely basis all financial data associated reports required by government and other regulated agencies including payroll tax reports, public disclosure reports and third party payor cost reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance;
- Master’s Degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working at the CFO level in an acute-care hospital.
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive management experience in an investor-owned healthcare organization required.
- MUST have For Profit healthcare experience!
- CPA strongly preferred.
Must be a strong, hands-on and approachable leader who understands the value of being a team-player and have an outgoing and friendly personality. Must understand how to motivate and inspire staff to achieve optimal results, while keeping employee satisfaction high.
This city is located halfway between Little Rock and Hot Springs. Typical of mid-America, the downtown area is laid out on a rectangular grid with mostly average modern architecture, a sprinkling of older historic structures, and a waterfront park along the Arkansas River. North Little Rock is a growing, business-friendly and mainly progressive middle class center across the river. The city is situated between the Ouachita Mountains to the west and the flat Mississippi River Valley lowlands to the east. Hilly residential areas west of the city rise to 600 feet. The climate is continental with an element of humid subtropical, particularly in summer. Winters are mild, but outbreaks of cold air are common. Precipitation is fairly well distributed throughout the year with the majority arriving in summer as thunderstorms. Snow is negligible. Recreation consists mainly of college sports, a few minor league teams and nearby watersports. Housing costs are particularly low.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text