Job Opening for a Physicians Assistant for Surgery in a 150 bed hospital, located on the Oregon Coast.
- M-F it is a salary position but start time is 645. End time varies but average 1500-1700.
- No call.
- Sign on bonus with a commitment OF 3 YEARS
The hospital offers a comprehensive range of diagnostic and therapeutic services. The hospital’s inpatient and outpatient services include medical, surgical, pediatric, critical care, home health, outpatient and acute inpatient psychiatric, oncology, obstetrical, and other specialties.
The hospital is committed to quality health care. Proof of this commitment is our accreditation by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides needed procedures, including assisting in surgery
- Performs procedures, diagnostic procedures and therapeutic procedures within scope of practice
- Assists in room set up and turn over
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Assists operative team as directed by OR manager and charge nurses
Required Skills and Minimum Years of Experience:
- Coordinates all Surgical Assistants to provide surgical assisting services
- Produces and maintains Surgical Assistant call schedule
- Assures proper sterile techniques at all times in surgery
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Maintains confidentiality, thinks and acts independently with minimal supervision
- Maintains regular, consistent and punctual attendance at the assigned job location
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work productively with patient, families, other healthcare staff, and other departments
- Licensed by the Oregon Board of Medical Examiners, in good standing as a Physician Assistant
- Willing to relocate to Coos Bay, OR
- Has your candidate ever been convicted of a crime, other than a minor traffic violation? If yes, please disclose.
- 2 years’ experience preferred
A great place to live, work and play surrounded by a beautiful protected bay, lush emerald forests and the mighty Pacific Ocean. Historically known as Marshfield, celebrates a history in shipbuilding and lumber products while serving as the regional hub for Oregon’s south coast.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text