Job Opening in a 250+ bed hospital located about an hour from Westminster, MD and about 30 minutes from Chambersburg, PA, for a night shift Medical Laboratory Technician to join their team.
The Medical Laboratory Technician performs laboratory procedures in a timely and accurate manner according to established hospital and departmental policies and procedures. This position performs functional duties in the Pre-Analytic, Analytic, and Post-Analytic phases in the Laboratory Path of Work flow. May be required to share responsibility to delegate work assignments for self and coworkers in the absence of a supervisor or lead. Must comply with the CLIA standards, listed as responsibilities for high complexity testing and for moderate complexity testing personnel as follows:
- Performs only those moderate/ high complexity test that are authorized by the Laboratory Medical Director and require a degree of skill commensurate with the individual’s education, training or experience, and technical abilities.
- Follows the laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results.
- Performs and Maintains records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens.
- Adheres to the laboratory’s quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed.
- Follows the laboratory’s established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory’s established acceptable levels of performance.
- Is capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either must correct the problems or immediately notify the general supervisor, technical supervisor, or Laboratory Medical Director.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications
- MLT / MLT-ASCP
- Associate’s degree and successful completion of a Medical Technology program which is accredited by the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation (CAHEA) or equivalent training, education, and experience as defined by the State of Maryland
- MLT / MLT ASCP / MT BS / MT BS ASCP
- One to two year’s related experience preferred
- ASCP certification or equivalent nationally recognized MLT certification or categorical certification required. Must meet CLIA qualification standards for high complexity testing personnel listed in 42CFR493.1489
This city offers small-town living within reach of Washington, DC and Baltimore. Situated between the Alleghany and Blue Ridge mountains, this bedroom community offers a rich history and has become a center of transit and commerce, as well as a commercial and industrial hub. The city features a beautiful park system and a forward-thinking school system. Its small-town hospitality and friendliness make it a great place to call home.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY. Client is not offering relocation assistance.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text