- Develops and implements departmental goals, plans, and standards consistent with the clinical, administrative, legal, and ethical requirements/objectives of the organization. Manages all areas of the Education, Infection Control and Prevention, Employee Health, Cardiopulmonary, Imaging, Bed Control, Staff Control, Patient Transfer Control and House Supervisors including administrative, technical, clerical, and personnel aspects of the department.
- Directs and evaluates departmental operations, including patient care delivery, information technologies, service level determination, and complaint management, to achieve performance and quality control objectives.
- Plans and monitors staffing activities, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions, and continuing education initiatives.
- Prepares, monitors, and evaluates departmental budgets, and ensures that the department operates in compliance with allocated funding. Coordinates and directs internal/external audits.
- Creates and fosters an environment that encourages professional growth.
- Integrates evidence-based practices into operations and clinical protocols.
- Promotes flow of the patient by managing bed control, staff control and patient transfer control M-F with direct supervision of the house supervisors for the 24/7 patient care delivered for beds, staff and transfers in the hospital.
- Drives Foundational Five tactics and reports on progress.
- Develops clinical performance tactics in collaboration with the clinical directors organizes the clinical staff to achieve targets and goals. House supervisors to monitor and report to the Director of Clinical Operations the performance status.
- Effective interviewing and counseling skills are required to interact with all levels of hospital staff, medical staff, patients/families, and outside agencies.
- Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
- Preferred Education: Master’s degree
- Required Skills: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Licenses Required Upon Hire: Valid Arizona Registered Nurse License or Compact State License
- Certifications Required Upon Hire: BLS, ACLS
- Certifications Required Within Six (6) Months of Hire: PALS, NRP
- Minimum Work Experience: Must have 3-5 years clinical nursing experience and supervisory experience in staffing and management of complex organizations.
Today, we are approaching 100,000 (the entire county’s population is over 200,000) with southern Californians selling their high-priced homes for our better values, new neighbors escaping the massive congestion and big city traffic issues in Phoenix and Las Vegas, and retirees throughout North America buying where they regularly vacationed. Others “discover” Western Arizona for our warm winters, outdoor recreation, and gaming.
We offer the Hualapai Mountains (pronounced “walla pie”) of 8,000′ snow-capped peaks, camping, hiking, to near 0 elevation desert lands for motor biking and discovering. We’re dry with little annual rainfall but offer year-round unlimited water sports, from kayaking through gorges to boating on Lake Mohave. And while we offer Las Vegas-style casinos, sports books, day spas, and entertainment across the river in Laughlin, NV, here in the Mohave Valley we play with our families in parks, cheer our state champion high school sports teams, and meet close friends and neighbors at community-sponsored festivals and concerts. Las Vegas is not in our backyard. We like it that way. But it is an easy drive to what is arguably the world’s largest adult playground with unbelievable shopping, dining, and premier entertainment and sports.Sunny almost all the time. No natural disasters. Desert. Mountains. A lake and river. Dramatic elevations. Small town life with ‘Vegas close by. That’s what we’ve got!
Laughlin, Kingman, Oatman, Las Vegas, and Lake Havasu City are close by. They add incredible diversity and fun to life in Mohave County. Imagine camping in a marvelous state park admiring mountains and enjoying cool air for lunch, then waterskiing on Lake Mohave in the afternoon. How about a day golfing with visiting family members or friends, and then driving to Las Vegas to a championship boxing match for the night? Imaging a day of exploring Christmas Tree Pass on your ATV in the desert and spying ancient petroglyphs with your kids and then a short drive to Oatman to see an old gold mine or a staged gunfight, and pet some wild burros!
And we’re 4 hours to Los Angeles and Southern California via I-40, 3 hours to Sedona and the Grand Canyon, and under 3 to Phoenix and Flagstaff!