Job opening in a 300+ bed hospital on the Eastern shores of Florida, near Melbourne, has a need for an experienced Lab Supervisor to join their Lab.
- Candidates MUST be FL licensed in all areas and have the FL Supervisory license. This is a WORKING SUPERVISOR position so you must be willing to do the supervisor duties as well as run tests. The hours are 1 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. It is important that this person understand that this is a “working” supervisory position, not just a desk position and as I mentioned there may be alternating weekends or even assisting with the coverage of the 3rd shift if needed. Keep in mind that working 3rd shift does not happen frequently, but since the person is responsible for the night shift, it is a possibility on occasion. Candidates must be able to work as a Generalist and have strong Blood Bank experience as well.
- Under the direction of the Laboratory Manager, the Lab Supervisor is responsible for the coordination and technical supervision of the Chemistry, Hematology, Blood Bank, Microbiology, Coagulation and Serology areas of the Lab. The supervisor should be familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. The job includes, but is not limited to, planning daily work and schedules, writing procedures, review of quality control and quality assurance, hands-on laboratory duties as needed. The Microbiology Supervisor will be supportive of hospital and laboratory administration.
- Baccalaureate degree in Clinical Lab or biological sciences required.
- Florida temporary license or regular license as Laboratory Supervisor in all areas of the Lab. Certification by ASCP, NCA, AMT, AAB, or an equivalent certifying agency preferred.
- Must obtain the required number of continuing education credits deemed necessary by the State of Florida for professional license renewal.
- Minimum of five (3) years in a clinical hospital Lab supervisory capacity. Applicant should understand that this is a working supervisory position. Applicant should have CAP inspection and accreditation experience and knowledge.
- Minimum of (6) years as a generalist technologist.
An elegant city located along Florida’s Atlantic Coast, this beach town is a haven for golf, water sports and fishing. Peaceful beaches, museums, nature tours and a range of hotels make this town a terrific vacation destination and an important part of the region known as the Treasure Coast. The city also offers a fine selection of shops – both downtown and in large shopping malls – and delectable cuisine for all budgets. You can also find museums, art galleries and many parks, some of which offer access to an enticing network of rivers and inlets.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services