Job opening in a midsized hospital located in Northern Washington, about 1.5 hrs from Seattle, for an experienced Facilities Director to join their team.
Candidates MUST have the following experience:
- 10 years facilities management experience within healthcare
- 7 years of management experience
- Successful oversight of multiple healthcare facility sites
Responsible for the effective facility and equipment maintenance for all healthcare sites within a specific network of care. Has a matrix accountability to both the System Vice President of Facilities & Construction and the Network Chief Executive. Plays a critical role on the network executive team and provides oversight to facility managers at all sites in the network and is responsible for their selection, mentoring, coaching and development.
Role is responsible for quality, service and to ensure that all facilities in the network are compliant to all state and federal regulations and provide a safe environment for patients, their families and our Caregivers. Plans, organizes and directs the efficient utilization of facilities management resources, staff, facilities and equipment in support of the mission of PeaceHealth. Develops long and short term business strategies, operational plans and oversees implementation. Manages the design, structure, development and planning issues within scope of direction.
Job Essential Functions:
- Provides leadership and guidance to promote a professional, safe, secure and clean environment for the optimal delivery of care at all facilities in the network.
- Prepares and administers annual budgets and is responsible for coordinating new construction and renovations, operation, security, maintenance and repair of all facilities and grounds.
- Applies knowledgeable of all Federal and State requirements for Healthcare Facility Maintenance and Operations to ensure compliance at all times for all facilities in the network.
- Ensures that staffing requirements are understood by executive management and provides leadership to all maintenance and facilities staff in the network.
- Responsible for timely and consistent completion of standards of safety and disaster preparedness guidelines across the network.
- Partners with Construction Management to ensure completion of the design, development and implementation of construction and remodeling projects including budgets, bids, specifications and certifications.
- Establishes and administers physical assets control, preventative maintenance procedures and systems covering all buildings, grounds, vehicles and equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required unless otherwise stated
Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through or a combination of education and professional experience that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the job required. Advanced degree in facility management, construction or engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years facility management experience within the healthcare industry is required.
- Minimum of 7 years of management experience required.
- Successful oversight of multiple healthcare facility sites is required.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must have and maintain Healthcare Facilities Manager Certification
- Preference given to candidates that are certified as a Healthcare Safety Professional
- Preference given to candidates that are licensed Engineers or Contractors
- Ability to deliver financial results for areas of accountability.
- Knowledge of facilities, safety and security codes, security applications, and current issues related to employee safety regulations as well as state and local regulatory agencies to ensure continued compliance as necessary.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Must be able to present data, plans, ideas, and information in an effective, organized and compelling manner in a variety of settings to diverse audiences.
- Understanding of HIPPA and safety and security regulations as well as the ability to liaison with city, state, county and federal officials
- Ability to cultivate relationships, rapport, credibility and partnerships across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to be flexible, approachable and inspire trust.
- Ability to manage complex projects in a dynamic and evolving environment.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Proficient advanced skills in MS Office applications.
The city sits on the water, just 90 miles north of Seattle and 21 miles south from the Canadian border. With both sea and mountain views that include the San Juan Islands and North Cascades, the city offers an abundance of year-round recreation activities for the outdoor lover. Education is key to the community, with three colleges in the area. Add a thriving arts and entertainment scene and a growing list of microbreweries.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services