Job opening in a 200+ bed hospital in Southern Virginia near the NC border, has a need for an experienced Orthopedic Physician Assistant to join their team. You will be working with 2 Ortho Surgeons and be doing Total Joint and fracture mostly (general Orthopedic). For office time, you can expect to be there 2-3 days a week (when you are in clinic). You will be expected to rounds as well.
- Responsible for providing medical services to the patients.
- Such medical services may include history and physical exams, evaluation of specific illnesses and/or injuries, and planning for the effective treatment of diseases or injuries, both chronic and acute. Subject to approval from the VA Board of Pharmacy and under the supervision of the medical directors, prescribe medications allowed by the state for their scope of practice.
- Perform other services that have traditionally been reserved to physicians.
- Graduate of a Physician Assistant Program.
- Master’s Degree required.
- A minimum of one to two years of Physician Assistant experience in Orthopedics is required.
- Eligibility to prescribe Schedule drugs in accordance with the regulations of the Commonwealth of Virginia is preferred.
This city is positioned on the southern border of Virginia. This thriving community is conveniently positioned within a day’s drive to 60% of the U.S. population, and is strategically located within 50 miles of the major metropolitan areas of Roanoke, Virginia and Greensboro, North Carolina. Trout-filled rivers, quiet lakes and gentle mountains surround this beautiful location that’s full of rich history. Home to some of the finest recreational and cultural activities in the country, the city is proud of our excellent medical facilities, innovative school systems and advantageous housing opportunities. Our climate is just right for those who enjoy all four seasons with cool winters and pleasant summers. And with a scenic backdrop of the Blue Ridge Mountains, the spring and autumn seasons are simply breathtaking.
Competitive Salary Range!