Job opening in a large health system located just 30-40 minutes from North Kansas City, MO, has a need for a few Medical Technologists or Medical Lab Technicians to join their team. They have day, evening and night shift openings available. Candidates MUST have experience in a very busy hospital or reference lab!!
The Medical Technologist works under the supervision of the Team Leader and Department Lead to monitor the work of Laboratory Technicians, enter test results into the laboratory computer, perform instrument maintenance and trouble-shooting, answer the telephones and tube system, collect blood specimens and keep work area cleaned and stocked. Delivers excellent customer service to patients, visitors, caregivers of other departments, and each other.
Primary Job Duties:
- Perform laboratory tests, quality control testing and monitors the work of laboratory staff setting up cultures.
- Adheres to laboratory standard operating procedures and policies.
- Perform laboratory computer operations to request laboratory tests; access patient results and enter patient results. Process patient workload accurately and efficiently. Sends specimens to reference lab as needed for testing.
- Perform instrument trouble-shooting and preventative maintenance on instruments and equipment according to established schedules and procedures.
- Complete competency testing as given by Laboratory Management.
- Utilizes critical thinking to recognize and resolve problems, documents corrective actions and communicates with team.
- Answers telephones and tube system, directs calls, test requests, gives phone reports, fax reports as needed and provides excellent customer service. Communicates effectively with providers and caregivers while maintaining patient and staff confidentiality.
- Backup for phlebotomy; collecting blood specimens by venipuncture and capillary puncture, and transporting them to the lab. Assist in bone marrow, ACT, etc.
- Inventory and order supplies, stock and maintain work areas, including keeping areas clean and organized.
- Participates in inter- and intra-departmental meetings and continuing educational opportunities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Two or Four year college science degree, and/or including training in an approved clinical laboratory training program.
- MT(ASCP), AMT or equivalent. Required by CLIA regulations.
- One year of experience required. Eight-10 week in-house orientation and training period.
Located only 30 minutes from North Kansas City, the city is within easy driving distance of over 17 metropolitan areas. Numerous parks, golf courses, sports complexes, skate parks, a water park, a riverwalk along the Missouri River, and a small conservation area can be found throughout the city. There is plenty of history to enjoy as well as arts, entertainment, wonderful restaurants, a growing downtown area and plenty of sports activities, including taking in a Kansas City Chiefs football game.
Competitive Salary Range!
How to apply for Medical Technologist or Medical Lab Technician job: contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive & Management Recruitment Services