Job Opening: Neuro Transitional Care Unit Director
Job opening with an Outstanding hospital in the CA San Francisco Bay Area for a Unit Director Neuro Transitional Care candidate to join their team.
Ideal candidate will have experience working for a collective bargaining organization, Magnet organization, and understanding of Lean processes.
CA RN license required.
A large adult transitional care unit (27 inpatient beds) in the main hospital. Adult patients receive treatments and procedures related to acute neurosurgical and neurological conditions. Unit has the ability to admit patients requiring telemetry and/or continuous pulse oximetry.
Accountable for the overall administrative planning and coordination of the staffing, fiscal and material resources. Assists with the development and implementation of new programs and policies.
- Develops and implements operational processes to ensure quality patient care across large departments and / or multiple units. Participates in the development and implementation of patient care practices which meet internal policy, external regulations, and accepted standards across the continuum of care.
- Represents nursing units within purview, and / or medical center wide on interdisciplinary committees. Addresses a range of patient care topics impacting the medical center and / or health system, such as patient satisfaction levels, quality improvement initiatives, workflow efficiencies and clinical information systems.
- Collaborates with subordinate management to recommend and maintain adequate staffing levels, Advises senior leaders of administrative and nursing issues, the needs of individual units, and resolution of these matters.
- Works collaboratively with labor relations on bargaining unit issues and contract negotiations at the local level. Facilitates and oversees resolution of human resources, labor relations, employee safety and risk management issues.
- Coordinates the resource needs for areas of responsibility, including the review and approval of budgetary recommendations. Prepares and reviews variance analyses of budgeted revenues and expenses.
- Promotes an environment for collaborative decision making and shared governance across large departments and / or multiple patient care units. Ensures a shared voice in nursing practice and the exchange of ideas to continually improve nursing and patient care outcomes.
- Responsible for employee recruitment, performance evaluation, progressive discipline and staff development. Instills strong management practices to create a culture of teamwork, collaboration, and timely achievement of goals and objectives.
- Active Registered Nurse licensure in the State of California
- Active American Heart Association CPR certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or higher nursing degree
- Progressive and recent nursing administration and leadership experience in an acute care unit in an academic medical center at the assistant nurse manager or above level (within the last 3-5 years)
- Strong hospital management experience, with progressive and in-depth expertise in patient care services; knowledge of hospital / clinic operations in a hospital or medical center setting; knowledge of appropriate professional standards for the department and team
- ANCC RN specialty certification in Nurse Executive or Nurse Executive-Advanced
- Master’s degree in Nursing or relevant area
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services