Intensive Care Unit Manager – reports to ICU Director
State of the art medium sized acute care hospital
Intensive Care Unit Facts FTEs: 43
Beds: 23 private rooms
Nurse to patient ratio: 1:2
The Intensive Care Unit Manager is responsible for the direction, management and administration of the Unit.
Maintains adherence to hospital policies, procedures and regulations.
• Continuous bedside cardiac and respiratory monitoring.
• Central monitoring at each nursing station.
• Four nursing stations to facilitate effective patient monitoring.
• One private family and interdisciplinary team conference room.
• Provide recovery care for Open Heart patients.
• Provide advanced care for patients with a variety of Vascular and Cardiovascular procedures.
• Utilize current technology for patient care and monitoring, including: Ventilators, Intra-aortic Balloon Pumps, Cardiac Output
• Monitors, Pulmonary Artery Catheters, Trans venous Pacers, etc.
• Safe patient lift equipment available for bariatric patients.
• ICU council active in making important unit decisions.
Our Employees receive: Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, Life Insurance/AD&D, Supplemental Group Life, Short and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, Extended Illness Bank (EIB), Flexible Spending, Employee Assistance Program, and company discounts.
At least two years experience in management within Intensive Care Unit (preferably with a for-profit facility).
Experience recovering open heart patients, cardio vascular experience.
Demonstrates skills in communication, conflict resolution and human relations.
Exhibits a team approach.
Knowledgeable of fiscal, general healthcare issues, trends, quality management and legal aspects of nursing practice and standards.
• Graduate of an approved or accredited school of nursing required
• Must have CPR and ACLS Certification
• Current Registered Nurse Licensed required
• Certification in specialty area of practice preferred
• BSN or healthcare related field preferred.
Tina Roberts, President
JONATHAN CHASE EXECUTIVE SEARCH
588 Sutter Street, Suite 349
San Francisco, CA 94102
***Serving Clients with Interim and Permanent Recruiting Services since 2001