300+ bed hospital in GA has a need for an experienced Laboratory Director to join their team.
MUST have recent hospital Lab management experience. For Profit Hospital experience is preferred.
The Director of Laboratory reports to the Chief Operating Officer and is responsible for the overall operation and administration of the laboratory department, including the employment of personnel who are competent to perform test procedures, and record and report test results promptly, accurately and proficiently for all areas of laboratory work (clinical and anatomic) at the hospital.
The Director of Laboratory will ensure that all services are meeting the quality metrics, are cost contained and are carried out in an expeditious manner.
Additional responsibilities include recognizing results or issues that require referral to the Pathologist, assuring competency of all personnel, formulating the budget for the department, maintaining performance improvement activities within the department and participating in Quality activities and maintaining efficient and effective departmental operations in compliance with all state, federal and local regulatory laws, standards and protocols.
The person in this position must be capable of performing all the duties of a Medical Technologist.
Responsible for personnel management reporting to the Administrator in this area.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
– Work with hospital administration on planning, organizing and directing laboratory operations and ensuring compliance with all local, state and federal regulations
– Make daily rounds in the Laboratory to judge effectiveness of operation, utilization of personnel and supplies, and general ethical and professional environment
– Secure and maintain the physical facilities, equipment and supplies which are required to carry out effective patient care
– Initiate and actuate improved methods of services and direct their implementation
– Responsible for the fiscal operation of the department and prepare budgets for personnel, operating expense and capital equipment
– Communicate appropriately and clearly to physicians, staff and administration
– Establish and maintain standards of performance and ensures competency and appropriate license of personnel
– Direct and participate in the human resources management function for the department by coordinating the selection, promotion, orientation and performance appraisal processes
– Coordinate the department’s in-service training
– Attend and participate in hospital committees, as appropriate
– Make recommendations to the pathologist regarding new test procedures, equipment purchases and budgetary functions
– BS or Masters of Science degree with appropriate courses in Biology, Chemistry, and Mathematics which would qualify him/her as a Medical Technologist, or Medical Technologist/Clinical Laboratory Scientist B.S. (ASCP), or Medical Technologist (AMT/ASCP) with B..S. or B.A. degree in Biology, Chemistry or Physics and has passed Board of Registry examination.
Minimum Work Experience:
– Minimum of 7 years’ experience in the clinical Laboratory, and management and supervisory skills necessary to perform the job functions relating to personnel management.
– Medical Technologist certification (ASCP or equivalent), or Medical Technologist recognized by the GDHR.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
– Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills to effectively relate with all members of the healthcare team.
– Knowledge of human resources management, laboratory services operation, and familiarity with regulatory and accrediting agency standards required.
This town has everything you could ever want! Enjoy the Riverwalk that runs through town or the many museums, performing arts center, historical centers, opera house, or the numerous parks in the restored downtown district.
They also have a military base nearby as well as a university in town. From Broadway shows to the State Theater of Georgia – this city offers an array of venues with world-class entertainment.
From the history of the foot soldier, the Civil War and prisoners of war – the city is home to nationally acclaimed museums.
Visitors stroll back to genteel times in the Historic District where brick streets, ancient oaks and century-old homes are the order of the day.
Come experience all the area has to offer!
JONATHAN CHASE EXECUTIVE SEARCH
San Francisco, CA 94102