A large health system located just 30 minutes from North Kansas City, MO, has a need for an Accounting Director to join their team. Candidates MUST have healthcare experience!!!
The Accounting Director works with organizational leaders and caregivers to improve workflows, resolve issues, and strive for continual process improvements. This leader interacts with leadership and front-line caregivers across the organization to accomplish department goals and assures that department objectives align with our Mission/Vision/Values and Strategic Priorities. This leader works to develop a strong financial process with adequate controls to ensure the financial statements are materially correct and prepared on time. In addition, adequate controls, including reconciliations and reviews, are in place and integrated within the team’s approach to accomplishing the departmental and organizational goals. The leader will also work with various operational leaders to effectively communicate financial results, the impact of operational decisions on the finances of the organization, and ensure proper understanding. The Director provides leadership to direct report caregivers, and reports to the Process Leader – Controller and other leaders throughout the company.
PRIMARY ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work in collaboration with direct report caregivers to articulate a vision for the future direction of the department.
- Knowledgeable of national trends and applies this knowledge to benefit the department; anticipates changes that will be required to realize the vision; and guides transformation in a systematic, inspirational manner.
- Builds highly effective partnerships with key stakeholders across the organization.
- Creates highly effective, consultative relationships with internal customers in development of financial counseling processes.
- Continually seeks and applies best practice approaches in providing feedback through formal monthly and annual performance reviews and regular informal conversations.
- Administers and improves all aspects related to performance outcomes for the department—assuring best practice processes.
- Advocates to assure services provided to the organization are carried out with the highest attention to quality. The Director sets priorities and assures department initiatives meet organizational standards. The Manager specifically assures compliance with the Financial Accounting Standard Board, Joint Commission, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Missouri Department of Health other regulatory bodies. The Director participates on teams to prioritize and resolve stakeholder issues.
- Works with the Process Leader to contribute to and monitor the department operational budgets.
- Information from a variety of sources: customers, caregivers, leaders, and others to identify critical issues and problems and to develop breakthrough solutions.
1. EDUCATION: The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Accounting. Master’s degree and/or CPA preferred.
2. LICENSURE: CPA preferred.
3. EXPERIENCE: Minimum of five years’ accounting leadership experience in a health care setting. The successful candidate will possess a strong financial background with demonstrated analytical thinking and problem solving skills as well as a working knowledge of cost and quality improvement methodologies. Evidence of experience in the following:
- In collaboration with others, develops and meets or exceeds performance metrics for the department in alignment with the strategic priorities of the organization. Works with the Process Leader to monitor results on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Understands and values the use of individual and department metrics to measure, monitor and accomplish goals. Continuously seeks ways to mitigate performance gaps.
- Understands how to create and deploy effective performance improvement strategies—using organizational resources to their best benefit. Understands the disciplines of performance improvement.
- In collaboration with others, creates and deploys plans to assure stakeholder
Located only 30 minutes from North Kansas City, the city is within easy driving distance of over 17 metropolitan areas. Numerous parks, golf courses, sports complexes, skate parks, a water park, a riverwalk along the Missouri River, and a small conservation area can be found throughout the city. There is plenty of history to enjoy as well as arts, entertainment, wonderful restaurants, a growing downtown area and plenty of sports activities, including taking in a Kansas City Chiefs football game.
For more information related to this opportunity, please contact
Find and apply for Healthcare Executive and Management Jobs here at this site.