A nationwide medical practice company located near Syracuse, NY, has a need for an experienced Practice Manager to join their team. This company has grown from a single medical practice to a trusted health solutions partner with more than 10,000 employees and a presence in 50 states.
The Practice Director (PD) is responsible for the operational, financial and managerial oversight of the anesthesia practice. This role will function as an integral part of the regional team and work directly with the practice leadership structure. The PD is responsible for all coordination, communication and operational support provided to the practice. By working directly with the Corporate Medical Director (CMD) and the practice executive committee and/or leadership committee the PD is responsible for building effective relationships and supporting corporate and divisional initiatives. He/she will be focused on maximizing the quality and efficiency of daily practice functions, and directing the practice strategic growth plan. Effective communication methods and the ability to work with all levels of the organization is needed to evaluate, modify and develop business processes while enhancing local practice profitability and improving daily operations.
The Director should have strong managerial, financial and analytical skills. The Director should have the ability to complete assignments and job duties on time with the versatility to work on both financial and analytical projects. The position requires a strong business background and strong computer skills (MS Word and Excel competency are a must), excellent verbal and written communication skills, people management skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team. The candidate must have the ability to develop pro forma statements.
Education and Experience Tiers:
BA Degree preferred, Associates Degree required.
5-7 years of healthcare experience required. Prefer anesthesia experience as well.
Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience will be considered.
- Director will effectively interface with the practice and division structure. Thorough knowledge of division policies and operations is required.
- Partner with all clinical providers to maximize resources dedicated to clinical recruitment, staffing and scheduling requirements. Identify opportunities for resource optimization and continuous quality improvement (CQI).
- Work with division resources to obtain & approve all pertinent reports in the monitoring of practice performance, efficiency and profitability.
- Partner with CMD to plan and participate in all practice leadership and/or board meetings.
- Evaluate practice productivity and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Responsible for identifying and evaluating new growth opportunities (diversification, expansion and organic growth).
- Identify possible threats to current and future business by identifying current issues and building operational plan to defend.
- Responsible for contract management of all clinical providers and service locations.
- Partner with CMD, Director of Operations (DO) and Managed Care Team for effective market review of unique payer arrangements and affiliated contracts.
- Coordinate and assist all corporate departments to support all service locations.
- P&L ownership, to include revenue growth, cost containment, and analysis of the impact of all operational decisions to profitability.
- Own the financial planning process (budget), and the monthly financial review process.
- Actively identify risks and opportunities in the marketplace, and develop action plans and proformas accordingly.
- Accountable to drive revenue cycle productivity metrics via local practice resources, and with the corporate revenue cycle management team.
- Provide oversight to all practice based departments.
- Partner with CMD in maintaining strong relations with all service locations.
- Work effectively with CMD and DO for the oversight of practice quality initiatives to ensure program integrity and consistency.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to influence continuous improvements in department’s efficiency and services performed.
- Takes ownership of special projects, researches data and follows through with detailed action plans.
- Actively participates in problem identification and resolution and coordinates resolutions between appropriate parties.
- Adheres to Division, Department and HR policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The city is located in the center of New York on the southern shore of Lake Ontario. It has been appropriately called the Crossroads of New York State, due to its central location and the fact the State’s two major interstate routes the east-west New York State Thruway (Interstate 90) and north-south Interstate 81 intersect here. The area is a region of rolling hills, flat plains, lakes and streams.
Salary range is $87,000–$143,000 and relocation assistance as well.
For more information related to this opportunity, please contact
Tina Roberts, President
JONATHAN CHASE EXECUTIVE SEARCH
588 Sutter Street, Suite 349
San Francisco, CA 94102
(415) 770-1200 (415) 684-2526