An outstanding hospital system in the San Francisco Bay Area is looking for an Ophthalmology Director to join their team!!! Director, Ophthalmology has service line responsibility for the Ophthalmology Institute and ophthalmology practices as well as operational and financial management responsibilities for both technical and professional revenues. This position assures that the highest quality clinical services are delivered cost effectively and are aligned with medical center, federal, state and local regulations. The Director will be responsible for the department’s academic affairs working in conjunction with the Academic Finance Director and Academic Operations Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Previous leadership experience in ophthalmology clinical care.
- Previous general management experience in a complex, multi-faceted health care setting (7-10 years)
- Previous (5+ years) experiences working with a physician group practice managing through influence and collaboration.
- Experience in the areas of strategic planning, financial management, program development, quality improvement, facilities management and project management.
- Significant knowledge of applicable federal and state laws and regulations relating to the healthcare industry.
- Previous supervisory experience and experience managing human resource issues, particularly change management and union/labor relations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of issues and trends that will affect the future of ophthalmology care.
- Strong clinic / center management experience, with progressive expertise in practice management, scheduling, customer-service methods, incident reporting, regulatory compliance, accreditation requirements, information technology, and the policies, principles, best practices, and standards involved with effective clinic / center administration.
- Excellent skills in successfully managing clinic / center administration functions. Skills to develop strategic plans, create benchmarks, integrate systems and fiscal management.
- Physician practice management or clinic experience
- Clinical training and background
- Master’s degree in business, health care administration or related field
- Registered Nurse in the State of California
Salary range: 185k target range,
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA
For more information, contact:
Tina Roberts, President
JONATHAN CHASE EXECUTIVE SEARCH
588 Sutter Street, Suite 349
San Francisco, CA 94102
(415) 770-1200(415) 684-2526