REPORTS TO: Clinic Director
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general direction of the Medical Director, examines and treats patients, for episodic visits and on-going care of chronic and acute health conditions. Does health history and physical examinations and manages low to high-risk patients according to protocol and within limits of training and competence with appropriate MD supervision and consultation. Coordinates care with MD to makes referrals to outside agencies as indicated. Complies with all of the facility’s policies, procedures, and PA protocols.
- Examines patients: independently assesses and develops a treatment plan according to the protocols and consultations with the physician
- Determines whether the patient’s condition requires the immediate attention of the supervising physician.
- Executes standing orders.
- Identifies normal and abnormal findings in history and physical exam. Orders appropriate laboratory and x-ray studies.
- After consultation with the supervising physician, may refer appropriate patients to specialist for consultation.
- May perform routine diagnostic procedures.
- May perform routine therapeutic procedures.
- Writes prescriptions as permitted by the state regulatory agency
- Provides pre-placement employment, school, camp, sports, DMV physicals
- Provides patient education for health problems, prevention etc.
- Instructs and counsels patient or legal guardian regarding matters pertaining to their physical and mental health, such as diets, social habits, medications, and the nature and treatment of their injury or illness and required follow up.
- Assists the site Manager in providing supervision of clinical support staff in their role of doing patient prep, assessments, documentation, and education to facility patients.
- Assist the Medical Director and Manager in maintaining and updating protocols as necessary based on current technical data.
- Actively participates in Quality improvement activities through routine chart reviews or other methods identified by the Manager and/or Medical Director.
- Keeps current professionally by attending CE courses, reading professional journals, etc.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE REQUIERED:
- Previous experience in an Urgent Care or ED clinical setting is preferred.
- Must be capable of independent assessment and development of a treatment plan in consultation with the physician and in compliance with PA protocol.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Valid RN NP license and furnishing license, State of California, or must have completed a qualified Physician Assistant program and have certification from the Medical Board of California.
- Nurse Practitioners must have current DEA license.
- Current BLS HCP certification.
Contact:Tina Roberts, President
JONATHAN CHASE EXECUTIVE SEARCH
588 Sutter Street, Suite 349
San Francisco, CA 94102
(415) 770-1200 (415) 684-2526