A hospital located in Western MD about 1 hr from DC, has a need for a Microbiology Med Tech to join their Lab. This is a DAY shift position. They will only consider someone who is local. No relocation or interviewing expenses will be paid for.
The Medical Technologist performs laboratory procedures in a timely and accurate manner according to established hospital and departmental policies and procedures. The opportunity is located within the Microbiology department. It requires rotating holidays and every third weekend. This position performs functional duties in the Pre-Analytic, Analytic, and Post-Analytic phases in the Laboratory Path of Workflow.
May be required to share responsibility to delegate work assignments for self and co-workers in the absence of supervisor or lead.
- Performs only those moderate/ high complexity test that are authorized by the Laboratory Medical Director and require a degree of skill commensurate with the individual’s education, training or experience, and technical abilities
- Follows the laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results.
- Performs and Maintains records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens.
- Adheres to the laboratory’s quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed.
- Follows the laboratory’s established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory’s established acceptable levels of performance.
- Is capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either must correct the problems or immediately notify the general supervisor, technical supervisor, or Laboratory Medical Director.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
Bachelor’s degree and successful completion of a Medical Technology program which is accredited by the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation (CAHEA) or equivalent training, education, and experience. ASCP certification is a MUST!
One to two year’s related experience preferred.
The city is a treasure trove of historic sites and museums. Highlights include the city’s renowned 50 block downtown Historic District, our many historic bridges, the Brunswick Railroad Museum C&O Canal Visitor Center, and such Civil War attractions as Monocacy National Battlefield, South Mountain Battlefield State Park, and the National Museum of Civil War Medicine. Those who prefer the great outdoors will want to explore our 90 national, state, county and municipal parks, as well as recreational facilities which include whitewater rafting, the Catoctin Wildlife Preserve & Zoo, and minor league baseball. The county is also home to several fine wineries and breweries. If you have a passion for shopping , look no further. Here you’ll find hundreds of wonderful antique shops offering treasures from around the world, exquisite artist galleries, as well as delightful orchard markets and big name retailers. Whether you’re in the mood for regional or international specialties, you’ll love our many restaurants. In the evening hours, hang around for a live musical or theatrical performance.
The city is just minutes away from such attractions as Washington, DC, Baltimore, MD, Annapolis, MD, Harpers Ferry, WV, and Antietam and Gettysburg battlefields. This town is located West of Baltimore, and about an hour north of DC. Big town living, yet small town cost of living, and away from the bustle and hassle of the big cities.
Contact:Tina Roberts, President
JONATHAN CHASE EXECUTIVE SEARCH
588 Sutter Street, Suite 349
San Francisco, CA 94102
(415) 770-1200 (415) 684-2526