A Behavioral Health Center located about an hour east of Wilmington, OH, has a need for a Child Psychologist to join their team. Most of the services will be done at their main center but you may be asked to go to another center of theirs 1 day a week. They will consider a full time or part time Psychologist.
Provides psychiatric outpatient services to Center clients at the Center’s clinics in accordance with Center goals, policies and procedures, protocols and sound clinical practice.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides psychiatric assessment and evaluation for Center clients to determine diagnosis and recommended treatment, including the ordering of appropriate laboratory studies and prescription of medication if deemed medically appropriate.
- Provides medication maintenance for Center clients, including assessment for medication side effects and medication adjustments as deemed medically appropriate.
- Provides psychiatric assessment and evaluation for Center clients to determine the need for inpatient treatment. If involuntary hospitalization is deemed appropriate, completes required documentation in accordance with clinic protocols.
- Maintains appropriate channels of communication with Clinic Directors.
- Actively participates as a member of the Psychiatric Services Committee, providing feedback and suggestions in regard to Center programmatic, clinical and administrative issues. Participates as a member of other Center committees as requested.
- Works collaboratively and cooperatively with Center staff, providing consultation and direction to multidisciplinary clinical staff for the efficient and effective delivery of quality mental health services while fostering staff morale. Serves as a role model for clinical staff, demonstrating clinical prospective which is consistent with the Center’s mission, continuum of care options, available human and financial resources and state and national trends and regulations.
- Provides clinical staff with consultation and assistance in developing treatment plans and in utilizing the appropriate clinical approach consistent with Center expectations.
- Reviews client treatment plans. If indicated, discusses the need for diagnostic or service revision with the appropriate clinician. Documents psychiatric review and approval by signing the treatment plan.
- Represents the Center and the provision of quality mental health services to the medical community. Responds to and facilitates requests for psychiatric consultation from primary care physicians within the community.
- Constructively represents the Center to external agencies and organizations as required.
- Contributes to the building of a positive team spirit and identity which will enable the psychiatric staff to interact effectively among themselves as well as with support, professional and administrative staff.
- Submits activity logs and other documentation in accordance with Center policy, procedure and protocols.
- Attends required meetings.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: MD or DO is required. Prior experience in community mental health is preferred.
Located in Southern Ohio, the County is situated in the foothills of the Appalachian Region of America. The city has over 75,000 residents living and working within the county. We still celebrate the “hometown” feel even with over 700 square miles of land. The County offers 5 State Parks, 1 National Park, and many other areas for outdoor recreation. With several family-owned restaurants you will easily discover the local flavors of the town and surrounding communities. Throughout the year, the County hosts a variety of events that are great for the whole family.
Salary will be around $200,000–$230,000 DOE. They are willing to do a sign on bonus as well. They will also consider relocation assistance for a full time employee.
Contact:Tina Roberts, President
JONATHAN CHASE EXECUTIVE SEARCH
588 Sutter Street, Suite 349
San Francisco, CA 94102
(415) 770-1200 (415) 684-2526