New Emergency Director opening in the Pacific Northwest!
We are working with a 350+bed acute care, not-for-profit, Regional Health System in the Pacific Northwest market. This is a Magnet®-recognized facility, a regional referral center and one of the largest acute-care hospitals in the state.
Responsible and accountable for directing the operations of Emergency and Trauma Services to achieve excellent patient care. This position is accountable for strategic planning, implementation, staffing, development of policies and procedures, evaluation of effectiveness of plans through quality, service, and financial performance analysis. Serves as liaison to medical staff leadership to achieve strategic growth initiatives and attainment of patient safety and quality goals. Supervises managers and support staff of Emergency and Trauma Services and assures excellent working relationships and team-building within the areas and with key stakeholders in other service and business areas.
Requires a BSN plus a Master’s Degree upon hire, MSN preferred. Bachelor of Arts in Nursing also accepted.
Will consider non-nursing Bachelor’s Degree with MSN.
AONE or ANCC Nurse Executive Certification required within one (1) year of hire.
Five (5) years minimum acute care RN experience required.
Five (5) years progressive management experience required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Include:
1. Experience which demonstrates competency in emergency nursing and trauma care services.
2. Knowledge of clinical care standards and models of patient care delivery,
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, proficiency in computer use (word processing and spreadsheets), as well as knowledge of leadership. Experience in application of performance improvement principles and tools.
4. Excellent problem-solving skills, above average organizational skills as well as demonstrated ability to develop, implement and evaluate project plans.
5. Demonstrates knowledge of and ability to apply age-specific principles of growth and development and life stages.
Core Job Functions Include:
. Communicate the importance of the organization’s mission, vision and values
. Demonstrate commitment to the mission, vision and values by showing their connection to hospital, departments and individual activities
. Ensure employees understand their role and responsibilities in achieving organizational success
. Is highly responsive to users needs, including training, to assure wide spread acceptance and provider use of the clinical systems.
. Forms matrix relationships across the organization including education and information services departments.
JONATHAN CHASE EXECUTIVE SEARCH
588 Sutter Street
San Francisco, CA 94102
***Serving Clients with Interim and Permanent Recruiting Services since 2001