Medical Director – Cardiology – Remote job opening.
Location: Job is fully remote, no location specified.
Looking for an intellectually stimulating role that will challenge you to use your current knowledge and build new skills? Join us as a Medical Director, where you’ll be empowered to make a difference in the lives of patients by improving the quality of healthcare nationwide.
Must haves and hiring requirements:
- MD or DO degree.
- Current, active U.S. state medical license.
- Board certified in Cardiology (ABMS or AOA).
- Recent practice experience in direct patient care (within the past 18 months).
- Minimum 5 years clinical experience (Cardiology) post residency.
- Prefer Full-time, however, we will consider Part Time.
- Physician must be able to commit to 3 weeks of Training Full-time.
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal laws.
- Utilization Review Accreditation Commission (URAC) and National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) standards a plus.
- The ability to commit to a set, weekly work schedule (Monday through Friday).
- Strong computer skills;
- ability to work autonomously with automated processes and computer applications and systems is required.
What you’ll do:
- Use your analytical mindset. Provide timely expert medical review for requests to evaluate the medical necessity of services that do not meet utilization review criteria. Review appeals for denied services related to relevant medical experience and our evidence based guidelines, in accordance with appeal policies, if so delegated.
- Be a team player. Work collaboratively with over 500 physician peers to help ensure patients receive proper care via evidence-based decision making. Provide timely peer-to-peer discussions with referring physicians to clarify clinical information and to explain review outcome decisions.
- Create new knowledge with our guidelines and systems, and new relationships with your peers. You’ll start with remote training, but you’re not doing it alone. You’ll enjoy a supportive environment with your peers, mentors, and leadership who want you to succeed in your new career.
About the Cardiology program:
1. Cutting edge. Continue learning and growing with the latest and greatest literature and guidelines in Cardiology.
2. Impact patient care nationally. The company is one the largest Cardiology Prior Authorization programs in the country, providing you a chance to impact clinical change on a nationwide scale while supporting patients in all U.S. time zones
3. Career opportunities and growth. Our Medical Directors have career growth opportunities not only within the company, but in the larger corporate enterprise as well.
Why join us? Competitive salaried position with benefits. Predictable work schedules. 100% Work at Home with part-time & full-time opportunities available. Salary competitive. Health coverage effective day 1 (including medical, dental, vision). 8 Paid Holidays plus 23 PTO Days. 401K with company match. CME Reimbursement. Prefer Full-time, however, we will consider PT.
How to apply for the Medical Director – Cardiology – Remote Job: contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive & Management Recruitment Services