Nurse Manager Women and Children Services Full Time Days job opening located San Luis Obispo, California.
Medical Center strives to produce optimal outcomes and exceptional patient experiences to the community it serves. Medical Center with 164 beds and hundreds of physicians, they put advanced technology into the hands of experienced medical specialists to deliver quality healthcare to Central Coast residents and visitors. Its distinct, high-level services include neurosurgery, orthopedics, obstetrics, perinatology (high-risk pregnancy), neonatology (high-risk newborn care), pediatrics and trauma. Largest Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in the area, the only dedicated pediatric unit in San Luis Obispo County and serves as the county’s designated trauma center. Medical Center is recognized as a leader in orthopedics, cancer care and is a Joint Commission accredited primary stroke center. Medical Center is fully accredited by The Joint Commission and has been serving the community since 1959.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
- 401(k) savings plan
- Medical/vision/dental/life insurance after the 31st day of employment
- Healthcare and dependent care reimbursement accounts
- Paid time-off program
- Online educational program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Employee assistance program
Ultimately responsible for the overall operation of the assigned departments as it relates to coordination of clinical care delivery, staffing, and physician satisfaction; Responsible for cost targets as evidenced by meeting budget expectations; Responsible for staff satisfaction as measured by percent of licensed turnover; Responsible for employee satisfaction as evidenced by the annual employee survey; Responsible for patient satisfaction as demonstrated by unit scores; Responsible for unit staff meetings; Responsible for direct oversight of Prenatal Education, Family Support Program, and Women and Children’s Clinical Nurse Specialists and Educators as well as facilitating employee education throughout Women and Children’s Services; Performs management functions such as employee counseling, monitoring of attendance and educational needs; Actively leads and/or participates in teams/committees to improve organizational outcomes and operations excellence; Enforcer of Attendance Policy.
Required Training, Education, Experience, Certification
- Three to five years’ recent acute hospital Labor and Delivery and/or NICU/Peds experience
Desired Training, Education, Experience, Certification
- BSN or MSN
- Requires the ability to work independently with minimal direction and be productive
- Must be able to follow instructions, work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment
- Clinical, analytical, and grammatical skills are necessary to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Organizational, people-skills and multi-tasking skills are essential
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English
- Must be able to fulfill the essential job functions of the position
- High School or Equivalent (required)
- A.S of Equivalent (required)
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
License and Certifications
- California Registered Nurse License
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS [note: bold skills and certification are required]
Three to five years’ recent acute hospital Labor and Delivery and/or NICU/Peds experience
Benefits – Full
Relocation Assistance Available – Possible for ideal candidate
Competitive Salary Range!
How to apply for the Nurse Manager Women and Children Services Full Time Days Job: contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Executive & Management Recruitment Services