Director of Oncology job opening located in Austin, Texas.
An acute-care hospital facility in central Texas with more than 300 patient beds. The hospital is known in the community for its nationally accredited oncology program – the Blood Cancer Center, home to the area’s only adult bone marrow transplant program – and Level II trauma center. The facility’s full range of services includes cardiovascular care and rehabilitation, imaging services, women’s services, joint replacement and orthopedics, surgical services including weight loss surgery, wound care, emergency care, cancer care, nutrition services, and a sleep disorder center. The hospital operates three full-service emergency centers.
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Director ensures high quality, patient-centered care through oversight of the overall function and staffing of the unit(s)/department(s) in addition to forecasting, planning, and budget monitoring. The Director fosters a culture of accountability and collaboration and supports the development and implementation of strategies, policies, and procedures in support of facility objectives.
- Will cultivate a superior clinical identity by identifying and implementing evidence-based practices to advance patient safety and quality outcomes. Ensures adherence to standards of care.
- Will manage variation in clinical practice to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and cost. Ensures a culture of accountability and transparency in the provision of care.
- Will provide leadership in attaining and sustaining an unparalleled patient experience.
- Will instill accountability for providing consistent, positive patient interactions that differentiate the organization as a healthcare leader.
- Will foster a culture that inspires commitment to the vision/mission/values of the organization. Ensure employees are recognized, valued, and supported. Develop and implements strategies to elevate employee engagement.
- Will build a competitively superior organization through attracting, developing, engaging, and retaining talent. Ensure people with the right skills and motivations are in the right role, at the right time, to meet business needs
- Will participate in the annual budget process, including input into department revenue and expense forecasts, staffing, and supply and equipment needs. Monitor department budget performance; identify trends and evaluate variance in relation to established budget. Develop and implement
- FTE: 2 managers (1 inpatient & 1 outpatient), 6 CNCs
- Need to have bone marrow transplant experience.
- They will help oversee clinical trials.
- Oncology experience required- ONC (nurse certification preferred).
- Chemo certification preferred.
- Leadership experience required.
- Must have BSN.
- Must have a nursing license.
- This is a clinical role, not operational.
Competitive Salary Range!
How to apply for the Director of Oncology Job: contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive & Management Recruitment Services