Senior Director / Associate Chief Nursing Officer, Perioperative Services job opening located in Boston, Massachusetts.
Relocation assistance and sign on bonus
500+ licensed beds, teaching facility
The Medical Center is looking for an Associate Chief Nurse/Sr. Director of Perioperative Services to lead New England’s first Integrative Procedural Platform (IPP) composed of total procedural and surgical care for our patients. This includes oversight and operational responsibility of Endoscopy, Outpatient Operating Rooms and PACU, Inpatient Operating Rooms and PACU, Cath Lab, Interventional Radiology, Endovascular, and the Central Processing (Sterile Processing) Department. This role reports directly to the Chief Nursing Officer, Sr. VP and directly manages of a team of Nursing Leaders and a Central Processing Director.
The Associate Chief Nurse/Sr. Director of Perioperative Services is an essential member of the both the IPP Leadership team and the Nursing Leadership team. As a member of leadership at the busiest Level 1 trauma center in all New England this role partners closely with physicians, anesthesiologists, nursing leadership, nurses, techs, and various support teams to strive for clinical
The Associate Chief Nursing Officer(s) (ACNO) shares in the accountability for developing and implementing programs for the Nursing Organization directed toward achievement of the mission, goals, and objectives of the Medical Center. The ACNO collaborates with the Sr. Vice President of Nursing/CNO, senior members of management, physician chiefs, and the clinical/management nursing staff to achieve program goals and objectives. The ACNO assumes 24-hour responsibility and accountability for the delivery of professional nursing care and the allocation of resources for the assigned area of responsibility. The ACNO is responsible for clinical outcomes, productivity/outcomes measure, and adherence to nursing practice standards. This role requires expert broad based clinical and management knowledge and practice. This individual reports to the Chief Nursing Officer and collaborates on strategic planning, developing goals and objectives and priority setting for the nursing department. The ACNO will cultivate and sustain a culture that embraces and exemplifies nursing professional practice and leadership excellence. The ACNO is responsible and accountable for the management of specific clinical areas and may assume responsibility in the absence of the Sr. Vice President of Nursing/CNO.
- Requires a master’s degree in Nursing. May consider candidates with a bachelor’s degree in Nursing and a master’s degree in a related field. (May consider candidates matriculated but not yet completed a master’s program provided they have the equivalent Nursing progressive leadership & clinical experience).
- Current registration in nursing in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Licensure in good standing. Professional certification strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in progressive nursing leadership required. Operating Room experience is required. Experience in a collective bargaining environment preferred.
Work requires a broad theoretical knowledge and work experiences that include:
- models of professional practice
- contemporary trends and standards of nursing care
- management of personnel and fiscal resources in a patient care setting
- management of complex employee relationships
- program development, implementation, and evaluation
- long range program planning that involves complex decision-making tasks
- quality improvement/risk management
- demonstrated leadership, success, and adaptability
- Expert interpersonal and written and oral communication skills.
- Must have demonstrated ability in management of diverse activities associated with or pertaining to assigned areas.
- Must be able to effectively manage multiple demands related to patient care, changing organizational climate and personnel issues.
Competitive Salary Range!
How to apply for the Senior Director / Associate Chief Nursing Officer, Perioperative Services Job: contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive & Management Recruitment Services