Interim OR Manager job opening located in Oregon.
Operating Room Manager scope:
- 12 ORs (includes a CVOR) about 70 FTEs and reports to the Surgical Services Director.
- 3 years management experience. BSN preferred but not required.
- 120 Acute Care Hospital.
- Eugene Oregon area. One hour from Portland.
The OR has 12 Rooms that include:
9 main OR
1 hybrid (which is overseen by Cardiac service line director)
They do a lot of:
- Robotics- GYN, General, urology
- Ortho-total joints- (we have a mako robot) and podiatry
- Neuro (spine- only neck down- no head procedures such as Craniotomies)
- CVOR is a growing service (which gyn,includes vascular)
They do a smattering of: ENT, Plastics, and basic urology (they do not do c-sections).
They have CNA’s, housekeeping, anesthesia techs, plus RN’s and CST’s.
They do anywhere from 20-30 cases a day.
Reporting structure: OR Manager reports to Director of Periop Services.
There are 2 schedulers and a billing person. Administrative assistant does payroll.
Manager will be responsible for the day to day operations person, prepare and oversee staffing including call scheduling and creating a letter of weekly communication. Will be instrumental in implementation of new practices and shoring up the usual turnover times and on time starts. Expectation will be a mix of “hands on” and office work everyday. There is a lot of opportunity for improvement! The staff/physician and leadership are highly engaged and supportive. Their physicians and anesthesia are good to work with and the nursing staff work together as a team.
Three to five years pertinent clinical/management experience in the operating room. Clinical excellence, leadership abilities, teaching competency, critical thinking, excellent communication skills.
Nursing school graduate. Licensed as Registered Nurse in State of Oregon upon hiring. Current BLS & ACLS.
Required: Associates or better in Nursing.
C-AHA BLS Basic Cardiac
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services