Emergency Medicine job opening located in Nebraska.
- Hospital employed position
- Signing Bonus
- $10,000 Relocation Assistance
- AB/AT with direct ties to the Midwest
- Financially Sound Hospital System with tenured staff
- Child Care Center on Campus
- Preference given to qualified candidate with interest in Columbus residence
- Open to new residents
- Board certification a plus. If FP trained, 2 years of ED experience desired
- 12 hour shifts. Additional APP coverage 9:30 am-10 pm.
- Annual volume of 12,000+ visits
- 24 Hour, Level 3 Trauma Center with Ultrasound and Glidescope in department
- State of the art facility, well equipped
- Contracted air ambulance X 2
- In 2012, a 30,000 sq. foot addition was completed allowing expansion in the ED including 10 exam room, 2 trauma bays, a decon room, holding/triage
- Hospitalist program (Adult & Pediatric)
- In-house Radiologists
- Active medical staff of 60 physicians representing 14 medical specialties, additional 20 specialties brought to the community on an intermittent basis
- Shifts: Equivalent to 12-14 12 hour shifts per month. Monthly scheduling done a month in advance to accommodate physician requests. No fixed schedule although number of shifts desired can be fixed.
- Patient load: Usually no more than 6 patients per provider at a time. Typically 3-4 patients per provider during peak times. 10 pm-10am shifts usually about 8-12 patients. 10 am-10 pm shifts average about 20-24 patients. Midlevel on duty with ED Physician 9:30AM-10:00PM every day.
- A streamlined patient throughput system
- Telestroke, a telehealth service for stroke diagnosis and treatment
- Specialized services and equipment for pediatric patients
- Telehealth behavioral health assessment
- A group of nurses trained in evidence collection for sexual assaults
- Laboratory, diagnostics and respiratory experts available all day, every day, who use the latest technology such as X-rays, CT scans (64 and 128 slice) and ultrasounds
- Specialists and surgeons always on call for a quick response whenever it’s needed
- An injury prevention program created to help reduce patient injuries
Backup / Support:
- Three person Radiology group. Nothing outsourced
- Three general surgeons, 4 orthopedists, 3 OB/GYN, 2 ENT, 4 pediatricians, Urology 4 days /week
- 2 Cardiology groups from Lincoln with in town follow-up presence
- MI’s are flown to Lincoln or Omaha for PCI, weather permitting
- Hospitalists do 95% of the admissions
- Pediatric Hospitalists
- Psychiatry, Telehealth psych triage, Telehealth Psychiatry consult 24/7
- Most specialties covered in large visiting physician clinic connected to the hospital
- Ground transport based in Columbus
- Medical helicopter based in Columbus on hospital campus
- Excellent and user friendly tertiary Care 90 minutes away by ground (Lincoln and Omaha)
- In house interpreters available at all hours.
- The Hospital is a nonprofit, Joint Commission-accredited, acute care facility characterized by its family-centered care, community involvement and progressive ideas in health care. The hospital serves Platte County and the seven surrounding counties.
- The hospital emergency department is staffed 24/7 by hospital-employed physicians and is designated as a Level III Trauma Center. Additional highlights of our state-of-the-art facility include, advanced diagnostic imaging services like a wide bore MRI and a 64-slice CT scanner. We also have strong, in-house hospitalist programs and an excellent nursing staff. Our medical staff value clinical quality, patient satisfaction and collegiality.
- Columbus, Nebraska is in the heart of the Midwest. It sits at the confluence of the Loup and Platte Rivers, which provide a bounty of wildlife viewing, kayaking, hunting and fishing opportunities, as well as beautiful sunrises and sunsets. Columbus has a population of 22,000 and is one of the state’s most progressive and dynamic communities. Columbus offers a fair tax structure, outstanding public and private schools and a variety of recreation and entertainment options. It has clean air, safe neighborhoods, no traffic jams and plenty of sunshine. Columbus is 80 miles away from Nebraska’s largest communities, Omaha and Lincoln, which means the benefits of big city entertainment, major airports and a key Big Ten Conference University (University of Nebraska-Lincoln), are just a short drive away.
- Columbus is one of Nebraska’s most progressive and dynamic communities. It offers a fair tax structure, strong educational systems, excellent childcare, several golf courses, a variety of rich cultural events and exciting recreational opportunities.
- Population: 23,000
- The City of Columbus: http://www.columbusne.us
- Columbus Chamber of Commerce:http://www.thecolumbuspage.com
- Transportation: Omaha Eppley Airport (lots of connection options): 1.5 hours outside Columbus but with new four-lane highway this should take the drive to a simple 45 minutes in 2023.
- Columbus Public Schools (https://www.columbuspublicschools.org/)
- Private and Religion focused school systems available
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services