Quality Director job opening located in Colorado.
Quiet, rural town in Southeast Colorado
25 bed critical access hospital
Relocation assistance available
The Quality Director is responsible for managing and directing hospital wide activities related to continuous improvement of clinical quality outcomes. Serves as a leader to achieve the hospital’s strategic objectives in quality, regulatory, safety, patient safety, process improvement, clinical/care process management, and pay-for-performance programs. Primarily responsible for designing and implementing systematic approaches to achieve expected outcomes and improve the patient experience. Acts as a role model and coach in creating a culture of safety and quality throughout the hospital. Works with managers to coordinate a consistent strategy of comprehensive patient-centered care. Supports hospital and medical staff leadership in performance improvement activities. Manages staff supporting data gathering, analysis, and reporting of quality processes and outcomes.
- The Quality Director reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Currently licensed as a registered nurse in the state of Colorado
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- MSN preferred
- CPHQ preferred or willing to obtain
- Understanding of the use of data and basic statistical understanding with the ability to interpret data reports and determine appropriate actions to achieve necessary change.
- Minimum 3 years of healthcare experience. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint, Word and Excel skills required.
- Able to present and communicate effectively to all levels of the organization and with outside agencies.
- Working knowledge of Federal and State regulatory requirements, quality assessment and Performance Improvement methodologies and hospital medical staff structure is preferred.
- Demonstrates initiative, flexibility, integrity, and diplomacy
- Strong professional, organizational, and interpersonal skills required for effective and creative leadership in working with all levels of the organization, including physicians, committees, senior management, and trustees, as well as patients and their families.
Major cities nearby:
- 130 miles to Colorado Springs, CO.
- 165 miles to Aurora, CO.
- 172 miles to Denver, CO.
- 289 miles to Wichita, KS.
- 302 miles to Albuquerque, NM.
- 314 miles to Lubbock, TX.
- 332 miles to Oklahoma City, OK.
- 373 miles to Lincoln, NE.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services