Director of Endoscopy job opening located in New Mexico.
The ENDO center is a fast paced and rewarding place to work. The ENDO Center has 5 procedures rooms that handles up to 9000 procedures a year supporting five GI’s. We are seeking a transformational and collaborative leader who can empower and mentor the team to continue their successful endo center operation.
Key Responsibilities & Requirements for the Director of Endoscopy:
- Able to work collegially and collaboratively with staff, peers, and physicians. Successfully communicates with the physicians regarding their schedules. Keeps them informed regarding clinical or other issues affecting the Endoscopy Center. Listens to their concerns and requests while always working toward a mutually successful outcome.
- Troubleshoots and is pro-active in keeping the Endoscopy Center functioning without delays. Identifies the correct contact to refer issues including but not limited to the COO and DDC.
- Coordinates all Endoscopy Center physician and employee schedules. Must approve all add-on procedures. Includes MD pick-ups for vacation availability. Builds MD schedules in the G-Gastro system.
- Inspirational and collaborative leadership style that can build a culture of teamwork and ensure the highest level of patient care is provided is consistently. Successfully communicates with the Endoscopy Center employees creating a positive work environment.
- Hires, directs, and supervises all employees. Delegates responsibilities as indicated. Holds the employees accountable to their job description, standards of care and to the rules and regulations set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Responsible for all local, state and federal compliance requirements. Establishes and enforces policies and procedures for the center (i.e., AAAHC, OSHA, HIPAA, safety compliance, etc.).
- Participate and ensure measures are met for the GIQuIC registry. Participates in all continuous quality improvement projects and data collections.
- Performs other duties as required or as requested by executive management and/or the physicians.
- The director will manage a team of up to 30 FTE’s.
- This position will report to the COO of Medical Center.
- Outstanding mentorship opportunities.
- Relocation assistance will be offered to the successful candidate.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred (either bachelor’s or Master’s must be in Nursing).
Minimum Experience: At least two (2) years Endoscopy leadership experience (at Manager level or above).
At least five (5) years endoscopy nursing experience, ideally in a complex endoscopy setting preferred.
Licensure: Current New Mexico or Compact RN license required.
This is an exempt position.
Salary is dependent upon qualifications.
199-bed medical/surgical teaching hospital located in sunny Las Cruces, New Mexico with a population of 110,000 and a service area population of 300,000. Las Cruces offers a multitude of outdoor adventures, unique culinary experiences, vibrant heritage and culture, top-rated farmers markets and beautiful views of the Organ Mountains. The city is known for its safe and affordable living conditions, beautiful scenery, outstanding educational system, friendly people and high-quality health care. It is just 40 minutes from El Paso (metro population of 800,000), and El Paso International Airport with connections to worldwide destinations. For education, Las Cruces is the home of New Mexico State University, the Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine, Doña Ana Community College, and outstanding K-12 schools.
Allows every team member to focus on the exceptional care we provide our families, friends, and neighbors. We strive to create places where people choose to come for healthcare, physicians want to practice and employees want to work. Our focus in these areas is evident daily as we deliver high quality patient care, support our physicians, create excellent workplaces for our employees and take leadership roles our community all while maintaining fiscal responsibility.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services