HIM Director job opening located in Wyoming.
Two smaller hospitals located in beautiful WY, about 3 hrs from Jackson, has a need for an HIM Director to join their team. They do want someone with hospital experience. Some coders are remote, 3-4 local.
The Health Information Management (HIM) Director is responsible for leading and directing health information management services across the organization. The HIM Director is responsible for administering the organization’s privacy program.
Minimum Work Experience
- Five years of experience in a leadership role in health information management
- Experience in administrative and staff management
- Experience in project management
- Knowledge of information systems and healthcare applications in addition to database applications and report writing software
- Experience in Privacy Officer duties and knowledge of HIPAA rules and regulations
Required: RHIA or RHIT credential required
Preferred: Master’s, Bachelors or Associate’s Degree in Health Information Management or related field
This town has a population of approximately 37,000 with major urban centers such as Salt Lake City, Utah, Billings, Montana, and Denver, Colorado an easy half-day drive away. This town is where people want to live in a place where they can go fishing after work, where the checker at the grocery store doesn’t need ID to accept their check, where they can enjoy the simple pleasure of listening to their children sing in the Community Children’s’ Chorale. Low population density, low crime rate, and a great location make the serenity of life in this city one of its most outstanding features. People work hard, but they work without the stress of living in a city where high-pressure jobs are matched by high-pressure lifestyles. We’re in the middle of a desert area, 30 minutes from mountains and pristine rivers. The wildlife and majesty is all there for those that want to venture out. We’re centrally located, so everything in the state is within 3-4 hours, Yellowstone and Jackson Hole to name a few. There’s downhill skiing, cross-country skiing, hunting, fishing, camping, and hiking, 4-wheeling, snowmobiling, boating, etc.
More to know:
- Local airport with United Express service to Denver, CO
- Great public and private education opportunities for school age children
- Secondary Education – Central Wyoming College
- Access to University of Wyoming via Central Wyoming College
Close to Jackson Hole Wyoming and Yellowstone National Park
SLC Utah – 4.5 hours away by car
Billings, MT – 4 hours away by car
Denver, Colorado – 6 hours away by car
Executive & Management Recruitment Services