Clinical Radiation Physicist job opening located in the San Francisco area of California.
Clinical Radiation Physicist
Responsible for ensuring the provision of high radiation therapy treatments to patients in an environment that meets established standards for radiation safety for staff, physicians, patients and the general public and in a manner that meets the service expectations of each of these groups.
- 2 years of experience in medical physics
- Master’s degree in medical physics or a related field.
- Certification by the American Board of Radiology (ABR) in Therapeutic Radiological Physics or Medical Physics, or certification by the American Board of Medical Physics (ABMP) in Radiation Oncology Physics highly preferred
- A candidate may be hired conditionally if considered Board Eligible by the ABR with completion of ABR Board Certification required within three (3) years of hire date.
- Varian and Aria experience
- Experience in designing, implementing and monitoring quality assurance programs in the applicable medical physics subspecialty.
- Experience performing calibration of applicable radiation therapy equipment.
- Experience performing treatment planning.
- Prefer experience in linear accelerator commissioning.
- General knowledge of medical radiation physics, medical radiation safety and pertinent regulations.
- Experience in Stereotactic Radiosurgery may be required if offered at the designated center.
- Experience in Brachytherapy may be required if offered at the designated center.
- Good communication skills, demonstrated customer service skills and willingness to be part of a team.
- General knowledge of computers and their applications in radiation oncology.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services