HIM Director job opening located in a small 50 bed, Level III Trauma hospital, located 1.5 hrs from Denver, Colorado. The Director will oversee 4 FTEs.
Responsible for leadership and daily operations of the medical records department. Responsible for the developing policies and procedures, setting and carrying out goals and objectives, complying with the Joint Commission, State, and HIPAA regulations, managing the department budget, managing the unbilled account listing, providing excellent customer service to internal and external constituents, directing operational activities of the department, and collaborating with system and vendor partners.
- Bachelors’ degree in Health Information Management or Associates degree in Medical Record Technology with RHIA/RHIT accreditation through American Health Information Management Association. Requires RHIA/RHIT accreditation through American Health Information Management Association. National coding certification preferred.
- Previous health information management experience.
- Course work in ICD-10-CM and CPT coding and DRG/APC assignment required. Knowledge of medical center statistics, quality assurance, release of information, patient rights, privacy regulations, compliance, medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, pharmacology and surgical procedures required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to manage a budget; ability to exercise sound judgment;
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills;
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills with demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive, professional working relationships; proven project management skills;
- Knowledge of/ability to gain knowledge of organizational policies, regulations, and procedures and The Joint Commission Standards, and ability to act in a supervisory role, perform effective performance evaluations, mentor, coach and discipline staff.
Where the prairie meets the sky! The town’s rich blend of small town tradition and down home hospitality, provides a wonderful background for your travel experience. While here, you will enjoy limitless horizons and untouched natural beauty. This is a place where you will find extraordinary landscapes, unusual attractions, and the friendliest locals you’ve yet to meet! We have parks with large lakes to offer every water sport imaginable. We have golf courses, a small speedway, and of course, the historic downtown area.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services