HIM Director job opening located in Utah.
A small hospital located in Northeast Utah near the CO border, has a need for a HIM Director to join their team.
The Director of Health Information Management is responsible for the overall management of the Health Information Management department. Such responsibilities include staffing, development and implementation of policies and procedures and supporting the medical staff. Coordinate records processing, physician notification and follow-up, release of information, case management and oversees adherence to the hospital’s policies and procedures covering the privacy of and access to patient health information in compliance with federal and state laws and the hospital’s information privacy practices.
- Develop and implement departmental goals, standards, and objectives which directly support the strategic plan and vision of the organization.
- Manages staff relations for 8 staff members including performance management, staff satisfaction, disciplinary actions and conflict management. Performs and oversees scheduling, staff development, recruitment, orientation, payroll, etc.
- Monitors departmental budgets, regulatory compliance, departmental contracts, and vendor relations. Determines and justifies needs for systems/equipment/supplies purchases, monitors usage, and oversees proper working order and/or stock supplies.
- Directs and evaluates departmental operations, including information technologies, service level determination, and complaint management, to achieve performance and quality control objectives.
- Provides support to physicians in completion of medical records according to the Joint Commission and hospital bylaws, rules, and regulations.
- Work with all departments and physicians to maintain the unbilled goal at 1.5 Gross A/R days or less at least 10 months per year.
- Develop and complete action plans for deficiencies noted in surveys, inspections, or audit and appropriately communicate action plans and results in a timely manner.
- Provides support and assistance to staff of 8, including training and teaching all functions in the department
RHIA or RHIT certification required.
Two years of Health Information Management experience preferred.
Supervisory/management experience preferred.
This city is centrally located between Salt Lake City, UT and Denver, CO. It is an outdoor paradise. From Flaming Gorge Reservoir to the primitive areas of the Uinta Mountains, outdoor recreation is at your doorstep. Fishing, hunting, biking, camping, golfing, water sports, cross country skiing, white water rafting are just a few of the activities that this diverse landscape has to offer.
Salt Lake City, UT (180)
Aspen, CO (210)
Denver, CO (330)
Cheyenne, WY (370)
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services