L&D Nurse Manager job opening in a large hospital in the Charlotte, NC area.
160 direct reports and 6 supervisors
2500+ deliveries on average
Assesses, plans, coordinates, and evaluates the clinical and operational functions of a nursing unit to ensure quality, cost effective health care is provided by an educated and competent team. Promotes a safe environment and performs all related job responsibilities in a safe manner. Maintains clinical and professional competency as appropriate to the age, developmental stages, and special needs of the patients served.
- Continually demonstrates and supports a Professional Practice model that allows nurses to work in collaboration with interdisciplinary partners to achieve high quality patient outcomes.
- Ensures that unit operations and employees are in compliance with the Nursing Practice Act, regulatory agency standards, and policies and procedures.
- Functions as a team member to accomplish goals and objectives of the unit and the organization, upholding quality management, patient care, and departmental standards.
- Assumes responsibility in the recruitment and retention of qualified staff and to ensure appropriate orientation, education, credentialing and continuing professional development of personnel through mutual goal setting and performance evaluation.
- Delegates effectively by promoting shared governance, developing and nurturing research to positively affect clinical outcomes.
- Performs nursing care, assists with treatments, therapies, procedures, and administers medications as necessary.
- Provides and assesses effectiveness of patient and family education.
- Participates with performance improvement activities to improve quality of nursing care, promote patient outcomes and provide a cost effective environment for patient care.
- Assists in development of policies, procedures and standards reflective of evidence based practice.
- Promotes shared accountability for professional practice.
- Allocates resources to meet the unit needs. Responsible for budgetary oversight, and along with staff involvement, accountable to the organization for maintaining a cost effective unit.
Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing required. Current RN licensure in appropriate state. Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) preferred. Must have or complete MSN if undergraduate degree is not BSN. Enrollment in MSN program within 1 year of hire/transfer date and graduation of MSN program required within 5 years of hire. If undergraduate degree is BSN, a Master’s Degree from a health-related program or MBA is acceptable. Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Provider from AHA required. Appropriate professional certification (either clinical or leadership) is required within 1 year of eligibility for professional certification exam. Additional education, training, certifications, or experience may be required within the department by the nurse leader
5+ years of Leadership experience Must have 5+ years of experience in Labor and Delivery Must have strong background in Fetal Monitoring
Magnet Facility experience preferred.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services