Job opening for a Manager Human Resources located in New Mexico.
Position has a 1.5% bonus potential through the management incentive program.
Sign-on/relocation bonus for a candidate relocating from out of state.
- Small town feel
- Popular tourist destination all seasons
- Brand new facility that the staff and community are proud of
- Position will allow you to be part of a family that you can help mentor and grow new leaders
- HR is viewed as a partner in the success of the facility
- Participates in the development of corporate human resource strategies; champions the HR vision, mission and strategic plan.
- Directs, advises, and manages all aspects of the employee lifecycle: recruitment, onboarding, development, performance management, retention, and off-boarding according to current policy.
- Recruiting: Utilizing the ATS, reviews, and refers appropriate qualified applicants to hiring authority. Coordinates the process for hiring employees in accordance with PHS employee policy and procedures and in compliance with the affirmative action plan. Participates in and coordinates recruiting functions to include salary negotiations. Makes salary offers in conjunction with PHS compensation.
- Development: Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, current literature and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends.
- Leads a team of 1 direct report (HR Specialist).
- Provides both tactical and strategic human resource consulting and ensures effective delivery of HR services to all levels of management team.
- Acts as primary HR resource for hospital staff.
- Manages and oversees employee relations issues and conducting investigations; Investigates problems, evaluates findings, advises participants, problem solves and takes and/or recommends actions regarding employee relations/work issues.
- Actively participates in business strategy and planning meetings with leadership team.
- Demonstrates understanding of internal business stakeholders, business strategy and human resource implications, along with the integration of corporate strategy.
- Develops and coordinates the implementation of location specific HR strategies aligned with corporate strategy.
- Provides regular analysis and reporting of key HR statistics, data, trends, and best practices to proactively identify gaps, and collaboratively implement recommendations.
- Responsible for ensuring HR compliance with PHS policies and regulatory agencies.
- Ensures departmental compliance with PHS/hospital established policies, JCAHO, State licensure and other regulatory standards; safety, environmental and legal requirements; infection control policies and procedures.
- Advises, administers, directs, and educates managers and employees in interpretation and application of HR policies, benefits, compensation, EAP, workers compensation, time management, and recognition programs.
- Collaborating with Employee Health and the Leave Team coordinating contact with employees and managers regarding workers compensation, personal illness/injury issues, STD case management and FMLA/ADA issues.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management, or related. Masters degree is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in human resources.
- At least 1 year of HR supervisory experience.
- Ability to demonstrate multi-disciplinary knowledge of human resource management and HR technical expertise.
- Ability to interpret and apply HR policy.
- Experience managing complex employee relations cases.
- PHR or SPHR is preferred.
Desired Competencies & Skills
- Influencing skills/executive presence
- Strong team orientation
- Strategic business acumen/business orientation
- Relationship building skills/strong partner focus
- Organization diagnosis, design, and change management skills
- Strategic problem solving and flexible innovative problem resolution
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Technology/computer proficiency, e.g., Microsoft Office, HRIS, & ATS. Ability to work flexible hours
Executive & Management Recruitment Services