Job opening in a 300+ bed hospital on the Eastern shores of FL near Melbourne, for an experienced Lab Manager to join their team. All candidates MUST be ASCP certified and eligible to obtain the FL license in all 5 areas of the lab as well as the Supervisor’s license. The Manager will be overseeing 80 FTEs.
- The Director Laboratory is responsible for the administrative, financial, and technical management of the laboratory. The Director Laboratory communicates with COO, executive management, laboratory supervisors/coordinators, patients and families. Responsible for the daily operations of the department of laboratory.
- Develops and implements departmental policies and procedures that are consistent with those of the hospital. Reviews and updates policies as needed.
- Assures that all departmental certifications, licensures and accreditations are maintained on a continual basis.
- Prepares the departmental budget per instructions. Submits a complete budget for approval by required date. Ensures that the department is on budget and is able to justify any variances that may occur.
- Maintains close control of laboratory supplies, blood products usage and referral laboratory expenses.
- Controls FTE usage by ensuring that the total paid hours worked for the department are on budget. Is able to fully justify any variances that may occur.
- Develops, implements, and monitors quality assurance and performance improvement programs for the laboratory.
- Takes an active role in establishing and monitoring alternate site/point of care laboratory testing.
- Ensures that all laboratory and alternate site proficiency testing results are within the various statistical and regulatory guidelines.
- Develops, delegates and monitors departmental goals, objectives and programs and ensures timely completion.
- Develops and implements optimal staffing plans for all laboratory sections and shifts in order to provide quality patient care services and ensure efficient use of personnel.
- Promotes and maintains communications with physicians and other department managers to resolve operational problems and develop understanding.
- Interviews, selects, reviews competency, evaluates and counsels all staff in the laboratory department.
- Coordinates planning and development of clinical testing, equipment acquisition, space renovation and/or utilization with laboratory staff and the pathologists.
- Monitors departmental operations and objectives to ensure the most effective services are being provided.
- Collaborates with other departments to ensure delivery of quality services.
- Participates in negotiations and contract administration involving the laboratory and various external vendors and organizations.
- Completes and responds to TIPPS reports thoroughly, appropriately, and in a timely manner.
- Understands and is able to discharge departmental and individual responsibilities in the event of a disaster (hurricane, fire, etc.).
- Willingly participates in departmental, cross-functional teams and work re-design, to promote performance improvement in the department and throughout the hospital.
- Promotes communication and good guest relations with patients and the public.
- Attends in-services and is compliant with essential education without prompting.
- Ten (10) years’ clinical laboratory experience.
- Five (5) years in a manager/director position.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Must obtain the required number of continuing education credits deemed necessary by the State of Florida for professional license renewal.
- Registration and Technologist Licensure under Florida Clinical Laboratory Law.
- Medical Technologist Certification by ASCP; Specialist Certification preferred.
- Licensed as a Supervisor under Florida Clinical Laboratory Law in five areas.
- Because of the nature of testing done in the laboratory, it is required that a color blindness test be passed.
An elegant city located along Florida’s Atlantic Coast, this beach town is a haven for golf, water sports and fishing. Peaceful beaches, museums, nature tours and a range of hotels make this town a terrific vacation destination and an important part of the region known as the Treasure Coast. The city also offers a fine selection of shops – both downtown and in large shopping malls – and delectable cuisine for all budgets. You can also find museums, art galleries and many parks, some of which offer access to an enticing network of rivers and inlets.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services