Job opening in a state operated, Critical Access hospital located in northern New Mexico, for a Manager of Surgical Services. This is a working leader position who will report to the CNO. The leadership team is excellent! There are numerous benefits associated with working for a state facility including: handsome retirement package, guaranteed hours, non-exempt position (yes, you get shift diff, overtime, holiday pay, call pay and much more) and an excellent community atmosphere.
- 25 bed Critical Access hospital
- Level IV trauma designation
- 4 bed ICU
- Swing beds on Med/Surg unit
- CMS standards
- Strong family, community atmosphere
- Physical Therapy and Rehab Services
- Distinction of being in the Top 100 best Critical Access Hospitals
- Employees are fully vested after 5 years and eligible for state benefits including health care and retirement for life.
- COVID patients are transferred to referring hospitals
- Position is over OR/PACU/PAT/Central Sterile
- 2 Main OR’s
- 1 Outpatient OR
- Surgeries include: General, Opthamology, GYN, OB, GI
- OR scheduled cases from 7-3:30. Emergencies only after 3:30
- Volumes of 35-60 cases/month
- 4 FTE’s
- AORN preferred
- Someone strong in writing polices/procedures
- Manager must be clinical and able to take call (call pay and overtime available for manager)
- Near Raton Pass, seven miles from the CO border
- Rich History includes Spanish exploration, Mining and Old West style culture
- Lots of gorgeous state parks…..great for hiking, camping and getting away from it all
This position would be ideal for someone wanting to move into a management position with experience as charge nurse or assistant manager. This would also be ideal for someone nearing the end of their career with hopes of retiring after 5 years with full benefits!
- ANNUAL LEAVE: 10 days per year for the first three years; then accumulated according to years of service plus one personal holiday a year after one year.
- SICK LEAVE: 13 days per year unlimited accrual; anything over 600 hours can be ‘sold’ back.
- HOLIDAYS: 10 per year at 2 ½ times hourly wage if worked, and paid at hourly wage if not worked (if this creates over 40 hours for that week, any time over 40 hours is paid a 1 ½ times hourly wage.
- RETIREMENT PROGRAM: Public Employees Retirement Act (PERA), For employees whose annual salaries exceed $20,000, employee contribution will be 8.92% and employer contribution will be 17.24%.
- HEALTH INSURANCE: Choice of 3 optional plans.
- DENTAL INSURANCE: Optional choice of one plan.
- DAVIS VISION INSURANCE: Optional.
- LIFE INSURANCE: Automatic $50,000 no charge to employee Optional: May choose to add supplemental insurance above that
- DEPENDENT LIFE INSURANCE: Optional
- DISABILITY INSURANCE: Optional.
- EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM: Free to employee & family members living in household
- STATE EMPLOYEES CREDIT UNION: Optional.
- DIRECT PAYROLL DISPOSIT: Required.
- POP (Premium Only Plan): Insurance premiums deducted before taxes to reduce taxable income.
- DEFERRED COMPENSATION: Optional retirement program involving deduction of employee determined amount prior to taxes and investment in mutual funds (several options available).
- HOURS WORKED over 40 per week are paid a 1½ times hourly wage, managers or supervisors are paid at straight time; any callbacks are paid at 1½ times regardless of hours worked per week.
- FULL-TIME EMPLOYEES have guaranteed hours regardless of census or workload; you can request to go home if census is low, but you cannot be made to.
- Shift Differential:
- Weekday evenings: 6:00 pm – 11:00 pm, Monday through Friday, $1.00/hr
- Weekday nights: 11:00 pm – 7:00 am, Sunday through Thursday, $1.50/hr
- Weekend days: 7:00 am – 11: pm, Saturday and Sunday, $2.50/hr
- Weekend nights: 11:00 pm Friday – 7:00 am Saturday, and 11:00 pm Saturday – 7:00 am Sunday, $3.00/hr
How to apply for the Manager of Surgical Services Job: contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive & Management Recruitment Services